As we get older, we begin to realize how much of a paradox we actually live in: when you were a young kid, all you could think about was what life would be like once you got older and could drive, go see a R-rated movie and go to college. However when you got to college, you suddenly wished you could go back to the days where the most stressful thing you had to think about was what your first day of school outfit was going to be. Taking that walk down memory lane can sometimes be the best thing for anyone, but especially for those millennials who know what it meant to grow up pre-2010, when having the great-great-great ancestor of the iPhone 7 was all the rage. Here are some things that have probably stayed in your head forever.
1. Disney Channel was the best channel ever
Lizzie McGuire, That’s So Raven, Even Stevens, oh my!
2. Bop It was everything
3. Even if you didn’t understand what it all meant, Green Day’s “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” was an instant classic
4. Before Facebook, MySpace was the social media everyone had to have
5. The epicness of Mean Girls
6. Trying to copy all the moves from Beyonce’s “Crazy in Love”
7. …and “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)”
8. Gilmore Girls, The O.C and One Tree Hill were in your top three favorite shows
9. When VHS was still around
10. Your parents being all freaked out for some reason in 2008…
11. When that Kanye VMA moment happened
12. When everyone clamored to get just one pair of UGGS
13. You couldn’t believe high school could be as dramatic as “Laguna Beach”
…and you loved every second of it
14. Avril Lavigne. Complicated.