Your friends are tired of hearing about it. Your bank account is shrinking because of it. Your camera roll is filling up thanks to it. What could we possibly be talking about? Your dog, of course! He or she is your absolute pride and joy, and you don’t care who knows it. These are the 15 signs your pup is actually your child.
1. You splurge on unnecessary gifts.
That adorable chew toy? That cute collar? That expensive canned dog food? Heck yes, you bought it all!
2. When your pup cries, your heart breaks into a million pieces.
And you rush to the rescue to make sure he or she is okay.
3. You feel immediate guilt after yelling at them.
It was out of love, you swear!
4. And cuddle them to death to make up for it!
Do you ever just squeeze the life out of your dog? Same…
5. No matter your pup’s appearance, you think he or she is the most beautiful thing in the world.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
6. So, you obviously have a million pics of your pup on your phone!
You have to document each milestone in his life, of course!
7. You understand your pup’s emotions more than you understand your own.
There is an “I need to go out” cry, an “I’m hungry” cry and a “Pay attention to me” cry.
8. You talk to your pup in the baby voice.
You know exactly the voice we’re referring to here. Don’t even kid yourself.
9. You have trouble acknowledging that your pup is aging.
In your mind, your eleven-year-old dog is still a puppy!
10. You treat your pup like he or she your best friend.
Because, hello, it is your best friend!
11. You get really nervous when someone has to puppy-sit.
“What if they don’t let her out at the right time?”
12. There is nothing like your pup’s loving reaction when you come home!
It honestly gives you the warm-fuzzies.
13. You love dressing your pup up.
Your pup has a wardrobe that is better than your own ––and you honestly don’t mind!
14. You have definitely puppy-proofed your house.
Safety is most important, after all!
15. You love your pup more than you love yourself.
And that is unconditional, parental love.