Want to know what’s going through the HC team’s head? Check in here every other week to see what the HC Team has to say about college tips, trends, news, etc.
This week we’re sharing our holiday wish lists! So tell us…what are you asking for this year?
This year my roommates and I are going on Spring Break to Las Vegas. Because it gets really expensive and I’m low on funds, I asked my parents to pitch in for my flight out there.
– Caroline Bagby, Campus Correspondent, UMass Amherst
I wish I could have more time with my family! I wish my three sisters could fly up to visit me. And, I want a cute new coat — Burberry maybe?
– Windsor Hanger, Co-Founder, President, and Publisher, Harvard (Alum)
My parents recently got a divorce and this Christmas is our first Christmas where my parents are no longer together. My Dad has agreed to stay with my Mom, my sister and I for a couple of days before and after Christmas. What I’m hoping for is that my parents can last those five or so days without arguing, and that our Christmas can be as close as possible to how it used to be when we were a family.
– Nicole Robert, Campus Correspondent, GWU
I want: a puppy — I’ve always wanted one and never had one, a vacation — this semester has been so stressful, I need some relaxation, and a Droid — it’s time to say goodbye to BBM!
– Molly Klinefelter, Campus Correspondent, University of Maryland
I am wishing for lots of successful job interviews! As a senior, it’s really hard not to stress about finding the perfect job. Since my hometown is so close to my dream city (NYC) I need to make the most of this break since my school is far, far away and hassle to get home from. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
– Sarah Nadler, Campus Correspondent, William & Mary
I really want to see all of my friends from school and my boyfriend at least once before I go off to Australia for 4 months!!
– Sophie Jasinski, Contributing Writer, Mount Holyoke College
On the superficial side, I want an iPad. There’s a lot of talk in the media these days about tablets revolutionizing the way we consume media and I want to see what it’s all about! On the other hand, my biggest hope this month is that at least one of the daily newspapers I sent applications to accepts me for a paid summer internship in 2011!
– Daylina Miller, Campus Correspondent, University of South Florida
– Colette Maddock, Campus Correspondent, University of Montana
I really want a Keepall 50 from Louis Vuttion, but other than that I would love for a Christmas morning snow while I am in Alabama.
– Krista Evans, Campus Correspondent, Simmons College
Some new cookbooks! My tried and true recipes are great but I’d love some new ones.
– Sarah Weinberg, Contributing Writer, San Diego State University
A Super Bowl title for my New England Patriots and tickets to see it happen. Not to mention tickets to the Playboy, Victoria Secret and MAXIM Super Bowl Parties to make the weekend complete.
– Jake Duhamie, “The PR Guy”, Emerson College (Alum)
I’m really hoping I get season 5 of Criminal Minds and seasons 3 & 4 of Dexter! I’m addicted and Christmas break is the only time I’ll get to catch up on them!
– Rachel Petersen, Campus Correspondent, James Madison University
This holiday season, I’m wishing for Daria: The Complete Animated Series on DVD. I’ve been waiting years for MTV to finally release it!
– Shannon Kirk, Contributing Writer, DeSales University
I’m wishing for lots of Urban Outfitter’s holiday dresses, in addition to so many other things from UO. Also, clothes from Anthropologie, Free People, and J.Crew. And of course, shoes. I’m also wishing for less materialistic things this year — I’m hoping that my boyfriend and I will be able to make it through my semester abroad in the Spring, and I’m wishing that I could visit my friends in their respective countries while they’re away, too. I’m also wishing that I could spend New Year’s Eve with all the people I love (friends from school, home, my boyfriend and my family), but I know we’re all too far apart to make that work.
– Madeline Harrington, Contributing Writer, Mount Holyoke College
I wish I could graduate already and start traveling again.
– Joey Hebert, Real Live College Guy, Emerson College
Tory Burch Reva Flats and a new camera
– Avery Lucas, Campus Correspondent, Elon Unviersity
This holiday season I’m wishing for the new iphone!
– Nicole Karlis, Contributing Writer, University of Iowa
A job at the London 2012 Olympics! I applied for a volunteer position, and I’m waiting for applications to open up for the paying jobs that I want. I volunteered at the Vancouver 2010 Games, and I really really want to work at the London ones too! I’m keeping my fingers crossed over the holidays…!
– Cassidy Brettler, Video Blogger/New Balance Campus Fitness Blogger, Emerson College