On Friday, November 10, the second-ever Girlboss Rally kicked off in New York City. Created by Nasty Gal Vintage founder Sophia Amoruso, the event brings together up-and-coming female entrepreneurs and influencers to jump-start conversations on everything from how to build a brand, to how to deal with success and failure.
This year Ashley Graham, Leandra Medine and Gabby Bernstein, among several others were featured as panelists, and Her Campus got the chance to speak with some of these amazing women about their experiences, the things that motivate them and how they strive to be “girl bosses” every day.
Here’s just a few of the many inspirational moments from the event:
1. Be inspired & not intimidated by rejection.
Sophia Amoruso, Founder & CEO, Girlboss
2. What success really means.
Gabby Bernstein, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach & Author
3. Girl Bosses should always be making moves.
Whitney Wolfe, Founder & CEO, Bumble
4. It’s a revolutionary act to love your womanhood.
Amani Al-Khatahtbeh, Founder, MuslimGirl
5. Nothing wrong with staying in your lane — especially if you’re elevating the voices of others.
Jerico Mandybur, Editorial Director, Girlboss
6. Inaction & apathy aren’t an option.
Nancy Lublin, CEO, Crisis Text Line
7. Talk about #MorningAffirmations
Ashley Graham, Model, Designer & Author
If you’re swooning over these nuggets of wisdom and are sad about missing the fun, don’t worry. Tickets are still available for Girlboss’ digital rally via their website, meaning you can obsess over all the awesome panels, workshops and wisdom whenever you want.
*Graphics by Erica Maybaum