Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and needless to say, we single ladies are less than thrilled. While it may be hard to see happy couples hand-in-hand around campus and having late-night romantic dinners in the city, we also get bombarded with cheesy romance all over our social media feeds. So, instead of rolling your eyes at every #bestboyfriendever and heart emoji that comes through the timeline, Instagram post and Tweet away with these single girl-approved V-day hashtags. You’re welcome.
No matter what, being in a relationship is not the only way to celebrate love and the season of romance. It’s a great time to remember to practice self-care with soft pink bath bombs, your favorite show, some heart-shaped treats, and a nap under a fuzzy heart blanket. Plus, you can also use this time to set aside time to celebrate platonic love with quality family time, parties with friends, and even a snuggle session with your pets.
Here are some social media ideas for your V-Day as a single girl.
1. “Who needs a fancy Valentine’s Day dress? Sweatpants all night. #Relaxationmode”
Being comfy and cozy is the sexiest thing you can be.
2. “Party full of single people = my box of V-Day candies. #singleandreadytomingle”
Not all kisses are chocolate, am I right?
3. “Box of chocolates for one? Don’t mind if I do. #nomnom #foodporn”
You don’t have to split your favorite candy with anyone and may have enough to look forward to all week long.
4. “Jason Momoa will always be better than your boyfriend. #mancrushalways #marryme #butreally”
Dune is a fantastic watch for any day of the week thanks to Mr. Momoa.
5. “Drinking wine alone tonight. #sorrynotsorry”
There is never a need to apologize for having a drink alone. But, of course, be safe when doing so.
6. “Nutella is basically my soul mate. #truelove #bestieverhad”
Feel free to insert your other fave chocolate item here, too.
7. “#tbt to last year when my BF forgot a V-day gift… #bye #betteroff”
Sometimes it’s fun to be just a little petty.
8. “I Can Buy Myself Flowers #ThanksMileyCyrus”
Miley Cyrus’ “Flowers” is the ultimate reminder to treat yourself first and foremost, no matter what day of the year it is.
9. “If T-Swift doesn’t need a man, neither do I. #shakeitoff”
If you ever need a bit of inspo, turn to Taylor Swift and find the album that fits your mood. “Shake It Off” just so happens to fit almost every occasion.
10. “I’d rather watch chick flicks and have a dance party with my girls anyways. #whoruntheworld #singleladies”
Galentine’s Day, anyone? Here are the best ways to celebrate the love you have for your girlfriends this February in a meaningful way without buying into the corporate commodification of the holiday.
11. “Netflix is my #Truelove. #timetobereal”
With a new season of You, the premiere episode of Perfect Match, and Love Is Blind: After The Altar, you will be booked and busy with all the best shows. Plus, no one will be there to interrupt and ask questions about the plot or reality TV drama.
12. “Would you rather have flowers or pizza delivered? #onerightanswer #pizzaparty”
Roses will never taste as delicious or smell as good as freshly-baked Margherita pizza pie. It’s just science.
13. “Good thing this is all a marketing campaign for Hallmark. #truestory #fakeholiday”
It’s true that Valentine’s Day has become super duper commercialized, there are even reports to prove it. However, you can definitely delight in the discounted candy, flowers, and roses on February 15.