“Resting Nice Face” is a condition in which your resting face is naturally a pleasant expression. Symptoms include: conversations with strangers, constant smiling and generally looking approachable. It’s the antithesis of resting b*tch face, but is equally widespread – and dare we say it, catching. Think this condition applies to you? Check for these telltale signs.
1. Strangers will sit with you at coffee shops, even if you don’t want them to.
There’s an empty seat over there… Nope? Okay.
2. They’ll also tell you their life story. In detail.
3. Doesn’t matter if you’re in the mall, in a city or around campus—someone will ask you for directions.
Do I look like Google Maps to you?
4. You’ve learned to hate planes because the person sitting next to you will always chat you up, even when you clearly have headphones in.
I just want to listen to 1989 in peace! Is that SO much to ask?!
5. People are genuinely surprised if you’re sassy, or better yet, say a curse word.
Sometimes “darn” doesn’t cut it.
6. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been legal; you always get carded at the liquor store.
Nice face = baby face.
7. Trying to be sexy is pointless. You always come off looking cute or awkward instead.
Guess a sexy nurse costume for Halloween is out…
8. It’s really frustrating when you’re mad but no one believes you.
Seriously! I’m pissed!
9. Guys will consistently hit on you when you’re out because you look approachable…
Just because I’m smiling doesn’t mean I’m flirting.
10. …and then not take the hint that you’re not interested.
Really, please just go away.
11. Sometimes you get mistaken for ditzy, which is just ridiculous.
So I can’t be nice and smart…? Cool, good to know…
Hey, on the bright side, if you are afflicted with Resting Nice Face, you’ll never be mistaken for a b*tch! And you’re probably a nice person anyways.