We just learned that October is National Women in Small Business Month, meant to honor all of the female-owned small businesses and female entrepreneurs! How exciting, right?
Here are some interesting statistics courtesy of Erin at Smith Publicity, Inc.:
- Women own approximately 9.1 million small businesses in the United States
- Women are starting businesses at twice the rate of their male counterparts
- Women-owned firms in the United States provide jobs for 23 million people
- Women-run businesses generate sales of nearly $3 trillion annually
- Women now make up 41 percent of the individuals with a net worth of $500,000 or more
Sounds like Her Campus is keeping with the trend! Happy Women in Small Business Month, everyone!