Check out these amazing internship opportunities! Apply now! Deadline: Friday
Wong, Doody, Crandall, Wiener
Advertising Agency / Los Angeles Office
Digital Strategy Intern
Wong, Doody, Crandall, Wiener, an award-winning marketing ideas agency located in Culver City, is looking for an entry-level, full-time digital strategy intern who can work 40 hours a week for at least three consecutive months. The position pays $10/hr.
The ideal intern will have solid writing and research skills, as well as a strong understanding of social technologies and how they can be used in business and marketing, to support our growing digital strategy practice. (We’re not talking about knowing how to tweet or post Facebook updates; that’s a given.) He or she will have the opportunity to work on nearly every facet of digital marketing and have a real, tangible effect on our clients’ marketing campaigns.
The intern will quickly become an integral member of the team and will be able to regularly contribute to creative brainstorms with a focus on digital and social media ideas. In addition to impeccable writing and verbal communication skills and sharp research chops, the ideal candidate will have a working knowledge in and/or demonstrated understanding of least two of the following areas:
- Managing or moderating an online community or website
- Coordinating a high volume of quick-turnaround digital projects from beginning to end
- Online monitoring and back-end reporting (familiarity with tools for analytics, search engine marketing, social media management, etc.)
- Website/blog design and development (familiarity with WordPress and/or basic HTML)
- Digital content production (writing blog posts, creating/editing video interviews, etc.)
- Building relationships and interfacing with bloggers
- Search engine optimization strategies and tactics
Wong, Doody, Crandall, Wiener is an independently owned marketing ideas agency whose current client roster includes Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, ESPN, The Harlem Globetrotters, Epson and Mercury Insurance, to name a few.
2. Coco Kouture Magazine (cocokouture.com)
Fashion Magazine / Virtual Intern
Digital Art + Design Intern
CocoKouture Magazine, a new fashion and style online magazine targeted towards women aged 18-21, seeks a digital art + design intern to work on those related areas of the website. The ideal candidate should have experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, and/or Gimp, a degree or pursing a degree in the arts, a creative eye for design, a love for fashion, and an eager, ready-to-learn attitude. The internship is unpaid.
Intern Duties Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Assistance with the Art Team developing/modifying graphics for magazine content
- Developing graphics based articles for Facebook
- Working with writers to develop graphic based articles for the magazine
- Ad design & development
3. I Want Her Job
Online Website for Women / Virtual Intern
Editorial and Community Management Intern
I Want Her Job is the website for independent-thinking women, and we’re on the search for the kind of intern who’s better than us. We want someone so socially savvy and so full of ideas that we can’t believe we’re lucky enough to know you. The ideal candidate will have sharp verbal and written skills, knowledge of AP Style, a meticulous attention to detail, vibrant attitude, familiarity with social channels (including those listed below), an established personal online presence and must be eligible for school credit. A strong understanding of women’s issues and education is preferred. Also, the unpaid internship is virtual, and if you do not live in the Los Angeles-area you must be available for weekly, regularly scheduled Skype meetings.
Intern Duties Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Assistance with community management, including Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Digg, YouTube and Flickr
- Social media monitoring reports
- Formatting all interviews using WordPress
- Outreach to key influencers
- Writing at least one post per month for intern series
- Research, as requested
To apply for any of these internships, email your resume, along with an 800 to 1,000 word essay explaining your passion and how this internship would land you your dream job, email@example.com. In the subject line, please designate which internship you are applying for — editorial and social intern at I Want Her Job, art intern at CocoKouture or digital strategy intern at Wong, Doody, Crandall, Wiener. All applications must be received no later than 6 p.m. PST, Friday, May 6.
Each intern will be chosen by the agency hiring the intern. All interns will be notified by phone and/or email by Friday, May 13. (Who ever said Friday the 13th had to be unlucky!) We’re also going to ask each selected intern to report back to the I Want Her Job community through video and/or written posts throughout the internship to let us know what it’s like, what you’re learning and how we can help you.