Design a Cute Cupcake T-Shirt, Help Change a Girl’s Life!
That’s the idea behind our latest partnership with She’s the First, which we’re so excited to kick off and share with you.
At school, t-shirts are so much more than workout clothes – they are billboards for whatever we’re passionate about, whether it be our sports team, sorority, or event we’ve been a part of. That’s why we’ve partnered in a contest to design the She’s the First Tie-Dye Cupcake Bake-Off t-shirts… and you get to be involved in creating them!
We’ve teamed up with She’s the First, a youth-empowered non-profit that sponsors girls’ education in the developing world, to help girls in struggling countries be first in their family to graduate. From November 1st-8th, schools all across the US (and some students studying abroad!) will bake and sell tie-dye cupcakes to fundraise for girls’ education in eight different countries. Why tie-dye cupcakes? Check out this inspiring story! Sign up to be part of the colorful movement at shesthefirst.org/cupcakes, and you’ll be updated with planning materials and the chance to win cool prizes.
But first, the t-shirt contest! We’re hosting a t-shirt design contest for the cutest, coolest cupcake illustrations…here’s how you can enter and win!
- Download the t-shirt template here (the template is a plain white image, so don’t worry if you can’t actually see it — just right-click and save).
- Design in full-color on the template, which will be the front of the shirt.
- You have two weeks to doodle (Illustrator/Photoshop files preferred) and upload your entry into our contest gallery below as a JPG.
- We’ll make sure your entry is appropriate and load it into the contest gallery, at which point you will get a notification that your entry was accepted.
- Click on your design in the gallery to get the unique URL for your entry — promote this like crazy!
- Her Campus readers and She’s the First fans will vote on their favorites by “Liking” the entrants in our gallery below, so make sure you get all your friends to “Like” your design!
- The top 7 designs will be printed on t-shirts to be sold online, leading up to the Tie-Dye Cupcake Bake-Off! Best part: 100% of the profits from these shirts will go to the sponsorship fund, sending girls to school who otherwise could not afford their chance in the classroom.
These 7 finalists will also win a “Change the World” pillow from PB Teen— because that’s exactly what you’re doing!
Winning entries will be determined by popular vote (number of Facebook “Likes”) and by judging by my fab co-founder Annie Wang, Creative Director of Her Campus and, all the way from India, 12th grader Jancy, whom She’s the First sponsored in 2010 at the Shanti Bhavan school—she’s the top art student there!
So get sketching! Because how can you not be excited about something that involves cupcakes, new clothes, and girls’ education?!
Official contest rules can be found here.