The commencement ceremonies have ended, the celebrations have come and gone and it’s finally time to face reality: college life is over. Even though it’s summertime and you shouldn’t have a care in the world, you do. In fact, you have a whole list of worries. Mostly surrounding the fact that you actually have to become a functioning member of society and are slowly realizing you have no idea how. Welcome to the 25 struggles you’ll have the summer after you graduate college.
1. Crying a little every time you realize you’re no longer a college student
What do you mean college is over?
2. Seeing all the upcoming seniors complain that they have so little time left
You have NO idea.
3. Moving out of your place and being forced to relive your most precious college moments
*Sobbing* And there’s the table where we ate pizza every Saturday at 3 a.m.
4. Experiencing withdrawal symptoms from your roommates a week after you leave
Can we just live together forever?
5. Finding a job
Can I just not?
6. Buying a new wardrobe for that job
Bye-bye crop tops, hello button-downs.
7. Trying to figure out what “adults” wear out
Am I allowed to show my midriff anymore?
8. Trying to figure out how “adults” act
So, did you see the evening news last night?
9. Deciding where you want to live
Maybe somewhere I don’t have to live in a cardboard box?
10. Finding a new roommate(s)
Looking for non-psychos.
11. Splitting costs of everything with those roommates
Venmo for days.
12. Making new friends
Please like me.
13. Realizing you’ll never find drinks as cheap as they were in college
Do you have anything for less than $5?
14. Figuring out what a 401K is
Please tell me why I have to worry about retirement right now.
15. Setting up a savings plan
This is going to take some practice.
16. Trying to learn about all the necessary life skills they never taught you in college
Did I miss the lesson on how to fill out a W-2?
17. Paying for actually everything
Yay, I got paid! And…there it goes.
18. Dying a little inside every time you look at your student loans
Remind me again why I have to pay all this?
19. Slowly losing the ability to party as often as you used to
I need more sleep.
20. Getting a hangover basically every time you drink…
This never used to happen.
21. …then taking a full day to recover
22. Realizing you can’t skip work like you skipped class
I just can’t today.
23. Being forced to be productive every weekday
This 9-5 thing is getting kind of old.
24. Being separated from people who have been in your life for years
Why does this have to happen?
25. Pretending you actually have this whole adulting thing figured out
I have no clue what I’m doing.