The last thing any college student wants to think about is becoming a real person after graduation. We get so comfortable living in our own little world free of responsibilities that the thought of growing up makes us sick faster than a Friday night. Though we’re not all scared to move on to bigger and better things, there are many who are still trying desperately to find their way out of it. Here are 22 signs you’re one of them.
1. Your favorite bar drinks look (and sound) like they were made for little kids.
Cinnamon toast crunch shot, anyone?
2. You have to call mom every time you attempt to write a check.
So wait, what’s a “memo”?
3. Your form of budgeting consists of limiting yourself to happy hour specials.
$3 long islands? Wow, I’m going to save so much money. Go me.
4. You don’t understand how getting up at 6 a.m. every weekday is an actual thing.
You mean life exists before 10 a.m.?
5. Your go-to meals are sandwiches and cereal.
Less time making = more time eating.
6. Your only deadlines are at 11:59 p.m.
It’s due at 5 p.m.? What kind of establishment is this?
7. Looking socially acceptable when you leave the house is a rare occasion.
I would dress up, but…I don’t really care.
8. Your most important conversations are on Tinder.
Holla at me, boys.
9. You don’t understand how people got around before Uber.
Ew, walking is gross.
10. You get weirded out when boys do mature things.
What do you mean you want to take me on a “date”?
11. You consider 3 a.m. to be a solid bedtime.
Sleep is for old people.
12. You find it unacceptable to send emails after 4 p.m. on Fridays.
Sorry, my weekends begin promptly at 3:30 p.m.
13. Your most serious relationship is with Netflix.
It’s so real. He might be the one.
14. Your best work is done in the wee hours of the morning.
One essay, two online quizzes and a group project before sunrise…let’s do this.
15. You never know what’s going on with national news.
So what are these debates, and why does everyone keep talking about them?
16. You will attend things you have no interest in for free food.
Free pizza for all attendees? Sold.
17. You will wait until you physically have nothing to wear before you do laundry.
That sweatshirt from seventh grade is around here somewhere…
18. You need at least a 48-hour recovery period after a night of drinking.
Meeting on Sunday morning? Yeah, I’m going to take a raincheck.
19. You frequently research ways to stay in college forever.
I think I’m going to take an extra year to expand my knowledge—I just love to learn!
20. You’re freaked out by how many of your friends are getting engaged.
Meanwhile, all I’m concerned about is who’s going to take me to formal.
21. You’re praying a job will magically appear at the end of graduation.
Hello? Fairy godmother? Yes, I’d like a job please.
22. The only word you hate more than “adult” is “responsibility.”
We don’t talk about that.