freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Reasons Why Being Single is the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

It is now February and Valentine’s day is right around the corner! So for those of you that just so happen to be single during the most romantic day of the year, I have comprised a list of reasons why being single is actually awesome. 

You Get the Whole Bed

When you are single you get the best sleeps of your life. You’re never woken up by someone snoring in your ear or someone moving around too much. You get the whole bed to yourself and it’s amazing.

More Freedom

When you’re single you always get to decide what you do and who you spend your time with. You also get to flirt with anyone you want and you get to leave parties when you want. Being single is less stress because you only have to look after yourself.

You Get to Work on Yourself 

Being single allows you to really work on who you want to become. It gives you that extra time to develop your self confidence and to figure out what you need to do to better yourself.

You Can Figure Out Your Goals

When you’re in a relationship, sometimes you get so caught up in the other person that you forget about creating a life for yourself. So being single lets you set goals and achieve them without the distraction of a S/O.

You Can Focus on Your Hobbies

Having a hobby is a great way to spend your time. You can get creative by learning a new instrument or learning some DIY’s from Youtube or Pinterest. When you are single it is a great time to develop your interests and it pushes you to become more well-rounded.

You Have More Time to Build Your Friend Group

Sometimes when you get into a relationship you literally drop off the face of the earth. You start to put all your time and energy into this new person in your life that you can forget about spending time with the people that will always be there for you. So, being single allows you to deepen your friendships and create new bonds with people you may never have had the time to otherwise.

You Do What You Want

Being single gives you the opportunity to do what you want without judgment. If you want to binge-watch reality TV, you can. If you want to watch videos of puppies on Youtube for hours, you can. You can fully do you when you are single!

I hope after reading this list you realize how awesome being single really is. Don’t get down if you just so happen to be single on Valentine’s Day. Have fun and go out with your friends; the day will be over before you know it!

A perpetually lost writer who is just trying to make sense of it all. Never ask me for directions. 
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.