This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Name:
Dez Duron
Major: Economics
Class: 2014
Hometown: Shreveport, LA

Although he took this year off and may not be on campus at the moment, Dez Duron is still the definition of a Yale Campus Cutie.  You may have seen this week’s cutie charming America on The Voice (who doesn’t like a hottie singing a Backstreet boys song?).  Now that he lives in LA, he is pursuing his dream of becoming a singer, but this southern crooner is still the sweet and adorable guy Yale knows.  Given that he has obver 10,000 followers on Twitter, we feel lucky that Dez was able to fit in a quick Skype session with us.   

HC: So what was it like being on the Voice??

DD: Being on the voice was amazing!  Obviously it didn’t turn out exactly how I wanted it to, but it ended up working out for my good.  I loved every minute.

HC: What have you been working on since the show?  We want you back at Yale!

DD: Being on the voice gave me confidence to really pursue music as a career.  Right now I am writing songs and working with a few producers on music for myself.

HC: We are all definitely TeamDez.  So who are you listening to right now?

DD: I’ve always really liked Jazon Mraz.  I really like Robin Thicke’s new album. Carolina Liar and Yuna are another two.

HC: If you couldn’t be a singer, what would you want to be?

DD: I actually think I would want to be a teacher.  I really like working with kids.

HC: Do you miss Yale?  It seems like you’re having so much fun in LA.

DD: Definitely miss Yale.  It gets kinda lonely here since its tough to meet people, but I’ve definitely met some cool people.  I really miss my friends and definitely miss the dining hall.  But mostly the people.

HC: So who are your celebrity crushes?

DD: Top two are definitely Cheryl Cole and Dianna Agron.

HC: Why do you think Yale girls are the best? (Because we clearly are.)

DD: Yale girls are the best because they’re independent, driven, and intelligent… that’s rare to find in such beautiful girls.

HC: Final question: What animal do you think you look like?

DD: Definitely a lion!  

I didn’t agree.  I think a koala bear.  What do you guys think?

Jackie is a junior Sociology major at Yale University with a concentration in Gender studies. As a southern California native, she loves the sun, Mexican food, frozen yogurt, freeways and friendly strangers. Jackie plans to test out the rest of her early 20's on the east coast, but knows she will ultimately find herself back in the Los Angeles area. She spent the first half of last summer as a fashion intern near her home north of Los Angeles and the second half studying abroad in Prague. While interning, Jackie renewed her love of the fashion industry culture and affirmed her interest in pursuing fashion publications as a career. She had the time of her life in Prague and traveling throughout Europe where she was referred to as everything from "gypsy woman" to "Pocahontas" for her bohemian tribal style. Her fashion icons are Kate Hudson and Jessica Szohr. At Yale, Jackie pitched for the varsity women's softball team before suffering an elbow injury this year. In her spare time, Jackie enjoys thrift store shopping, running, and gossiping with her mom. Some of her obsessions include Starbucks cinnamon dolce lattes, Free People, Guide Dogs of America, baseball (Go Dodgers!), John Mayer and family.