Brandon Levin ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.
The title has long and deservedly belonged to him: Brandon Levin, the darling of the Yale Class of 2013.  As of recent elections, it looks like Mr. Levin will be joining the Yale Whiffenpoofs.  Should he decide to take the next year off, Yale has the pleasure of Brandon’s effortless, boyish charm for yet another year.

Year: Junior
Age: 21
Hometown: Los Angeles
Relationship Status: Single
Major: EP&E

Rapid-Fire Question Round
Favorite Song: “Cry Me a River” by Michael Buble
Favorite Boy Band: Backstreet Boys
Favorite Musical: Les Miserables (Naturally, Brandon has also played the role of Marius before.)
Favorite Place: “Queenstown, New Zealand.  I went there last spring with the Spizzwinks.  It was amazing.”
Favorite TV shows: “I’m not much of a TV-watcher, but the West Wing, Brothers and Sisters, and ESPN.”
Favorite joke: “Anything self-deprecating, really.”

At this point, I noticed a subtle black cast on Brandon’s right hand.  It turns out that our YCC President, a huge fan of the Lakers, is also a basketball player.  Brandon fractured his wrist shooting hoops about a month ago.  And, with that, we moved on to the harder-hitting questions…

Most Treasured Possession: “A watch I got when I graduated from high school.  My grandfather also wore it to his wedding.”  Sadly, Brandon was not wearing the watch to the interview.

Spirit Animal: “Horse!” (Note: He said this without a moment’s hesitation.  It was the quickest, surest response of the entire interview.  Take this as you will.)

Spirit Color: “Blue.”

Greatest Indulgence: Brandon had a bit of trouble answering this one for me. Fortunately, it so happened that one of his suitemates was in the Davenport Common Room at the same time.  According to his suitemate, “women” are Brandon’s biggest indulgence at Yale.

Most Overused Word: “Ostensibly; it’s terrible, but I use it all the time.”  How he manages to do this, I don’t know.

Greatest Fear: “Snakes!”  Could this be connected, in some deep-seated, Freudian way to his spirit animal?

What a charmer.  If you want to see Brandon singing in one of the greatest musical roles of all time, he will be performing as Tony in a Yale production of West Side Story in April. Trust us, you will not want to miss it.

Jackie is a junior Sociology major at Yale University with a concentration in Gender studies. As a southern California native, she loves the sun, Mexican food, frozen yogurt, freeways and friendly strangers. Jackie plans to test out the rest of her early 20's on the east coast, but knows she will ultimately find herself back in the Los Angeles area. She spent the first half of last summer as a fashion intern near her home north of Los Angeles and the second half studying abroad in Prague. While interning, Jackie renewed her love of the fashion industry culture and affirmed her interest in pursuing fashion publications as a career. She had the time of her life in Prague and traveling throughout Europe where she was referred to as everything from "gypsy woman" to "Pocahontas" for her bohemian tribal style. Her fashion icons are Kate Hudson and Jessica Szohr. At Yale, Jackie pitched for the varsity women's softball team before suffering an elbow injury this year. In her spare time, Jackie enjoys thrift store shopping, running, and gossiping with her mom. Some of her obsessions include Starbucks cinnamon dolce lattes, Free People, Guide Dogs of America, baseball (Go Dodgers!), John Mayer and family.