books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Fun Things to Do Before Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

The end of the semester hits, and often it is tempting to just curl up in a ball and pretend like finals aren’t going to happen. But, there’s a better way of procrastinating your studies! Take a break and enjoy campus sponsored activities before you dive into the last week before break.

1. Football Games

Take advantage of the last home game, and go all out. Tailgate like a champ or make signs to support your favorite players. It may be cold out, but you won’t feel it if you’re surrounded by friends and fellow Mountaineer fans.

Upcoming Games:

– vs. Texas on November 18th

– Big 12 Conference Games

2. Basketball Games

While football season may be ending, basketball season is just beginning. Come out to support the team as they begin the 2017-2018 season, and of course, bring your friends and family for a little bonding time.

Upcoming Home Games

– vs. Morgan State on Nov. 18

– vs. NJIT on Nov. 30

– vs. Virginia on Dec. 5

3. Honors Student Association’s Dodgeball Tournament

Sports aren’t just for college basketball and football players. Grab seven friends and sin up for the HSA Dodgeball Tournament. There will be concessions, and 32 other teams to compete against. And better yet, the proceeds will go to support the American Heart Association. The tournament is be held on Dec. 3rd from 2pm-5:30pm @ the REC for $40 per team. Sign up using this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdPfR5gqT53hjNLlJ7rfFgpLedCfNioqlpBOrpSuMcri84jqg/viewform

4. Three Sisters Performance

If you’d rather spend your afternoon enjoying live theater, attend the final performance of the Three Sisters. Theater has something for everyone to enjoy, and is a much-underappreciated form of entertainment.

Final Performance: Dec 3rd at 2pm

5. The Student Event Board’s Fun Before Finals

If you’re looking for free entertainment, participate in some of the Fun Before Finals events that the Student Events Board sponsors.The following are just some of the events. For more go to seb.orgs.wvu.edu.

Events:

– Complimentary Smoothie Bar Nov. 27th 9-11 @ the REC

– Holiday Workshop on Nov. 28th from 6-8pm @ Hatfields

– Paint and Sip on Nov. 29th from 7-9pm @ Evansdale Crossing, 5th Floor

6. WVU Up All Night

For the final Up All Night of the semester, the theme is Winter Wonderland. Come celebrate the end of the semester with free food and activities December 3rd, starting at 10pm.

I am a sophomore at West Virginia University. I am majoring in English and History, with hopes of becoming a professor or a lawyer. On campus I am a member of Alpha Omicron Pi, the Honors College, and of course Her Campus! In my free time, I can be found cooking, reading, and playing with my guinea pigs.
Hi ladies and gents, my name is Mel, Melanie if you're feelin' fancy. I'm a senior studying advertising, political science and fashion at West Virginia University. In addition to my studies, I am the Campus Correspondent for the WVU HC Chapter! You can hear me on the radio at U92 FM reporting the news and hosting morning shows. If I'm not there, I'm most likely at the local Panera eating my body weight in broccoli cheddar soup or writing about the daily, awkward encounters I experience. I represenative of the college of media as an ambassador and the prez of the magazine club. Oversized sweatshirts and jean on jean are my aesthetics. Lover, not a fighter unless you tell me Joe Jonas wasn't the best Jonas. Laters, baby.