Fall is My Favorite Time of Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Fall is my favorite time of the year. If you think about it, how much better could a season get? The beautiful weather and scenery, picking apples and pumpkins, and Halloween all rolled into what might be the best season ever. The only thing I have to say is I wish that I could still get a tan, but I guess I can wait till summer comes back around.

Halloween is the favorite holiday next to St.Patty’s day for college students. They get to dress up with friends and be someone or something else for a few days while going out. When it comes to costume ideas, there are literally hundreds if not more options to choose from. If you’re still undecided you do have a few days till the 31st to make your final decision.
Costumes can be made out of pretty much anything you have in your closet or out of a few simple pieces you can get for cheap. Creativity is crucial when it comes to this holiday. Just this morning on twitter I saw pictures of students dressed as contestants from toddlers and tiaras, construction workers, many different professions with the word ‘sexy’ in front of it and the ever popular girl staple the cat.
If you still have to pick an idea here are a few simple and easy costume ideas.

The Greek Goddess- Bed sheet, leaves for a headpiece (optional) and colored string to tie around your waist.
Breakfast at Tiffany’s- Little black dress, pearls, black long gloves, heels, and a fake cigarette (optional).
Skittles- Colored duct tape, long t-shirt, fabric to make the letter S.

Tori is a senior at West Virginia University. She majors in Advertising and aspires to work in a big advertising agency after graduation. Tori was both Social Chair and Public Relations Chair for her sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma. She enjoys being involved in different organizations at WVU. Originally from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Tori was born and raised a Mountaineer. She loves to hang out with friends and be social. Tori would describe herself as outgoing, passionate, and motivated.