7 Things to Do to Prep for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

1. Get some rest

This is probably the easiest, but get some rest. Catch up on your sleep, but also make sure to spend some time relaxing with your friends.

2. Do what you’ve been meaning to do all semester

Wanted to read that book? Watch that movie? Make that craft? Do it now so you’re not distracted when it counts.

3.  Stay caught up on your homework

Of course, you can’t spend all day watching Netflix. Don’t wait for Sunday night to come around for you to do the work you need to do for next week. Take one of the days early in the week to finish everything up so you can relax over the holiday.

4. Outline those final papers

While you don’t need to write them yet, outlining your final papers now will save you a ton of time and stress once finals roll around. You’ll spend less time figuring out what you want to write and more time getting it done.

5. Make a game plan

When are your last assignments due? What days and times are your finals? Plot out everything you have left so you don’t forget about anything, and you can realize how little of this semester is left!

6. Calculate your grades

I know I’ve been avoiding this one all semester too. Take a deep breath and calculate what you need to get on your finals to get the grades you want.

7. Come back with a positive attitude

Break is your time to refresh, recharge, and come back for the most intense two weeks of the semester. You can do this. You made it this far and you can finish strong.

WVU '19, Pi Beta Phi. ONE at WVU Campus Leader. Adventure is out there.
I am originally from Westchester, New York. I came to WVU for my undergrad in Strategic Communications with an emphasis on Public Relations and a minor in Sports Communication. My involvment on campus includes blogging for Her Campus, a sister of Alpha Phi, the assistant director of the media team on the Mountaineer Maniacs executive board and lastly, an athletic communications intern with the WVU Athletic Communications office. I will be graduating in May of 2017 and I am looking forward to getting started with my future career in Journalism and Public Relations!