free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Work at Your Own Pace: Our Mid-Semester Mantra

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

There are times where many of us feel as though our To-Do lists just keep stacking up with more tasks each day. This is especially true around this time in the semester with midterm exams and papers and presentations. We often can struggle with juggling all of our different titles at once — from college student to employee and many more. Staying on top of everything may leave us feeling overwhelmed and pressured to strive to complete it all at a reasonable time. Even the stress of “keeping up with everyone” as well can tower over us. So we’re taking this opportunity to remind you, collegiettes, that you can do it. And this week’s news piece is all about reminding you to believe that you can get through the semester in one piece (even though it might feel like you can’t right now).

Eliminating the stress, pressure, and worries of the mid-semester rush is fairly simple with the help of a single phrase: work at your own pace. Working at your own pace can basically be compared to running; when you’re running there comes a point when you feel as though you can’t go any longer, but all of a sudden you get a burst of energy, which becomes that extra push you need. Once accomplished your legs feel stronger and your body lighter. This is when you have found your own pace — a pace that is your own and designed completely to yourself in which it carries you effortlessly. 

Finding your own pace in your life (outside of running) can be just as easy by setting your own priorities, evaluating what is important, and creating a lifestyle that reflects you fully. Each of us plays our own part in striving to complete whatever needs to be done without stress, worry, and pressure. Your mind will be more focused by forgetting anything that brings you down or creates fear. 

Forget your worries and instead live your life the way you want to. You’ll find your own pace through your set values and priorities. Focusing on your goals, what you want to do, and most importantly your strengths will help you complete anything set before you. Good luck, collegiettes!

Photos credited to Pinterest and Weheartit.

A senior at William Paterson University with a English Literature major and minor in Fine Art. Victoria believes there is no limit to what you can do in life just as long as you stay positive, motivated and are happy doing so. Her creativity shines through many outlets from her lifestyle blog, articles on Her Campus and being a Beauty Director and Style Columnist at Cliché Magazine. Her success in the digital magazine and blogging world earned her the Best DIY Blogs in March 2014. Anything chocolate flavored, elephant related, and Stephen King distinguished are her absolute favorites. 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"