This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WMU chapter.

Major: Exercise Science

Year: Senior

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: Livonia, Michigan

Interests: I’m kind of a nerd; I enjoy learning about the human body. I enjoy staying active, whether it be working out or playing on Westerns IM flag football team with my friends. I also love the outdoors and enjoy spending time with my family.

An Interesting Fact: I am a twin.

Involvement at WMU: I’m a member of the Exi Sci Club. I also have volunteered for many organizations held at WMU such as the Special Olympics and Relay for Life.

What song on your iPod is on repeat? ‘Make it stack’ by Lloyd Banks is the current song that helps me push through my workouts.

What is something people would be surprised to know about you? I’m actually a pretty shy and reserved person.

What do you look for in a girl? I wouldn’t really say I have a particular type of girl. The girl just has to be down to earth, easy going, intelligent, have a good head on her shoulders as well as not take life so serious (I’m a pretty big kid at heart).

What’s your ideal first date? My ideal first date would be to go put-putting or go for a bike ride. I don’t enjoy going to the movies and those sorts of things because you can’t really talk to get to know each other.

What is your favorite pick-up line? Pick up line? Ha I don’t have many pick-up lines. I usually just try to find the courage and go say hi. Hopefully I don’t embarrass myself too much in the process!

What is your favorite WMU memory? Oh man. There are too many to list!

If you could bring 3 things on a deserted island, what would they be and why?
My dog Casey- She would be awesome company to have.
Fishing pole- I love to fish, that’s also a way I could supply my meals.
Chocolate- I have the biggest sweet tooth and wouldn’t last too long without my candy fix.

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? That’s hard to say, I’m not usually one to do dare devilish things.

What are your goals for the future? I just applied to graduate school to become a physical therapist. That being said I would like to work with the pediatric population, have a family, just be happy and enjoy my life.

Katie King is a senior at Western Michigan University majoring in journalism and minoring in anthropology and gender and women's studies. This will be her second year writing for HerCampus and before that she wrote for the Western Herald. She also wrote for L7 women's magazine in the summer of 2012. In her spare time Katie likes to hang out with friends, watch reruns of old shows and talk about why Chicago is better than Michigan. When she graduates she hopes to move to New York with her tabby cat, Ellie and write for a fashion magazine. However, she changes her mind quite often so who knows where she will end up!