This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Are you wondering what cookies you should eat this holiday season? With the many different varieties, choosing which is the perfect one to bake can be an overwhelming task. To get rid of some of that holiday stress, here are some cookies that we love here at Her Campus-Wisconsin. Each cookie also has a recipe so you can make them at home!

Thumbprint or Blossom Cookies

Attention all peanut butter fans: Blossoms may be for you! No matter if you add a Hershey’s kiss, M&M’s, or jam, you’re bound to love one of the many variations. In my family, these cookies are a staple during Christmas time. If you like to have a little something other than just the cookie, then these are perfect for you. Interested in making them? This recipe includes the most basic form of this cookie.

Sugar Cookies
Are you a simple, traditional person? Sugar cookies are by far the simplest cookie of all time, but that’s why we love them. You can do so much with them, whether you go for a regular round shape or even decide to go crazy with your cookie cutters. You can keep them basic or decide to get your Pinterest on if that’s your thing. If you want to make them, here is an easy recipe to follow.

Pillsbury Christmas Sugar Cookies
If you’re not really into baking, or aren’t as crafty as those on Pinterest, the Pillsbury Sugar Cookies may be the best option for you for you. They’re a great way to keep the Christmas spirit alive while doing minimal baking. They come pre-made, and you just pop them in the oven.

Shortbread Cookies

If you’re similarly a traditional person looking for a basic cookie but you want something other than a sugar cookie, try shortbread. They’re easy to make and allow for some fun decorating once again. This recipe is only 3 ingredients!

Gingerbread
Love decorating? Gingerbread allows for a lot of creativity. Plus, if you’re already planning on decorating gingerbread houses, why not make some cookies while you’re at it? Feel free to make little people, trees, or whatever your heart desires. Here is the recipe if you want to make the most traditional gingerbread men.

Snowballs
Do you like to think outside the box? These cookies aren’t your regular cookie. They have a distinctive snowball shape, making them very festive and easy to eat. Additionally, they almost melt in your mouth when you eat them like a snowball. If you’re interested in making them, here’s a nice recipe.

We wish you luck on your Christmas baking adventures. We hope that if you’re a cookie connoisseur, or just a beginner baker, that you could find your Christmas cookie soulmate.  

Chloe Billstrom

Wisconsin '20

A junior studying Sociology, Spanish, and Global Health who also has a love for writing and languages.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!