This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

They’re finally back! It’s hard to believe that Gilmore Girls wrapped nine years ago, but Lorelai and Rory Gilmore have transcended the years. For many of us, Gilmore Girls was a staple of our youth; it is one of the few shows that I can watch over and over again and never get tired of. Unfortunately, as many of us can agree, the final season of Gilmore Girls felt incomplete, most likely because creators and executive producers Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino left. But the duo has returned to write a new, more fitting ending for our favorite mother-daughter duo. The release of the latest trailer for Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life has everyone waiting anxiously for the November 25 release. While we await the return of our favorite coffee addicts, here are a few things from the trailer that we are totally obsessing over.

1. Every character made an appearance

Everyone, and I mean everyone, made an appearance in the trailer. And I’m not just talking main characters. From Sookie, to Michel, to Kirk, to Lane, every character we know and love was spotted, even if it was for just a second. When the news broke that Gilmore Girls was returning, there were reports that Melissa McCarthy (Sookie) wouldn’t appear with the rest of the cast but it seems that was all smoothed over as Sookie performed as her old, quirky self once again. What would Lorelai be without Sookie anyway?​

2. They are still eating Pop Tarts

In the last nine years, we have seen tons of articles with titles like, “I ate like the Gilmore Girls for a week and here’s what happened.” That’s because these two women literally eat only take-out and microwavable meals. The trailer proves that not much has changed as Rory chows down on a Pop Tart, and Lorelai recounts how they not only ate Chinese, Greek and Italian food the night before, but also hot dogs. Where does it all go? We may never know.3. The pop-culture references

Gilmore Girls was known for its pop culture references that covered everything from celebrity gossip to TV shows and movies to music and classic novels. The trailer kept those same references alive, including one about Tori Spelling getting burned at Benihana and Jack Kerouac’s book On The Road. Nothing is off limits with these girls, and I can’t wait to see how they incorporate more modern references into their loveable banter.​

4. Stars Hollow in all its glory

The start of the trailer shows the Gilmores walking through Star Hollow, and it looks like nothing has changed in that small little town. And not only is the town the same, but so are the people and the town “issues.” From Taylor running a town meeting to the question of whether or not the phone booth should be removed, Stars Hollow seems to have been preserved in all its glory.

5. The loss of Richard

Edward Herrmann, who played Richard Gilmore, passed away in 2014 after battling brain cancer. The trailer addresses this death as his TV wife, Emily Gilmore, hangs a massive painting of him in the living room. Throughout the trailer we see how Emily struggles with this loss as she tries to “declutter” her life in the aftermath of losing her husband. Richard will definitely be missed.6. Luke and Lorelai’s relationship status

The end of season seven left us wondering about Luke and Lorelai’s relationship status, and the trailer leaves us with the same questions. Although it’s clear that the two are together, Lorelei definitely seems to be questioning it in the trailer as she says with hesitation “Luke and I are happy.” I will be praying to the Palladino gods that they work it out by the end of the revival.​

7. Why is Rory so lost?

I always imagined that Rory totally got her life together after the series finale and worked for the New York Times or another big newspaper. But the trailer revealed that Rory is just as lost as Lorelai. Emily describes Rory as wandering like a “vagabond,” but other than that, we didn’t get any hint as to what she has been up to. But I’m sure it was something great. I can’t wait to see all that she has accomplished and where she is headed!8. All the boyfriends!

All of Rory’s past loves – Dean, Jess and Logan – appeared in the trailer and were as handsome as ever. Even if you won’t admit it, all of us have a favorite, and I am very strongly #TeamJess. It will be interesting to see if Rory ends up with one of the men from her past or someone completely new, but I’m pushing for Jess.

The trailer ended with the same theme song, leaving us longing for more from our favorite quippy girls. With less than a month until the Gilmore Girls return, if you haven’t already, watch some of the old episodes on Netflix to hold you over until the November 25 release. We are waiting in anticipation, coffee and pizza in hand, to reunite with TV’s best mother-daughter duo.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!