Finals Week Pep Talk, As Told by “Friends”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

You came back from Thanksgiving break anxious and ready for winter break, but you soon realized how much work was before you. 

And though your professors mentioned it before break, you somehow just realized that you have five exams to study for, and take, before you can reach that blessed month of freedom. 

During these trying times, we all need someone to reassure us that everything is going to be okay and that we can survive the dreaded week (or two) that is finals. Despite all the pep talks your family, friends or teachers give you, I’ve found that no one says it better than these six people right here. 

So if you’re in need of some words of encouragement to help you push through the mountain of work before you (or you’re desperately looking for anything to do other than study), here’s a little finals week pep talk from your friends who will always be there for you. 

First, make a study plan. Second, actually follow said plan. 

Even with a plan, we understand that the stress can be overwhelming. So while you might feel the need to keep your composure together…

…it’s okay to let it out. Everyone on campus is basically acting like they’ve got PMS, so no one’s going to judge you if you need to let out some steam. 

You know those past exams or papers you didn’t do so hot on? Forget about them. What’s done is done, it’s time to focus on the task at hand. 

Guard your study space like it’s the last seat in Central Perk. That’s your zone, don’t let anyone mess with it.

Misery loves company. Grab your friends, hit the books, and remember you’re not in this alone. 

Calories don’t count during finals week. Okay, that’s a lie, but you know what, screw it. If late night Toppers is what gets you through the week, then so be it! 

A little party procrastination never killed nobody. 

To all you late night library goers, we applaud your perseverance, but at the same time we recommend some sleep. Nothing says “struggle bus” like a mark on your forehead from passing out on your book. 

We understand that hours of studying can feel exhausting and pointless. 

But remember to stay strong because the end is in sight!

When it’s all over, you’ll look back and wonder what you were so worked up about. 

And remember we’ll be right there with you, cheering you on the whole way.

Love,

Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, Joey, Monica, and Chandler

I am currently a sophomore at University of Wisconsin- Madison pursuing a degree in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication.  As Campus Correspondent of Her Campus, Wisconsin chapter I am passionate about current events and can be found browsing any and every article that pops- up on my Facebook newsfeed.