This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The season of giving is upon us, but have you ever felt like you’re missing the mark when it comes to giving those you love something more sentimental than a sweater you saw at Urban? No fear, here’s a list of some classic holiday gifts — with a heartwarming touch, of course!

1. Personalized candle

While candles are undoubtedly a holiday classic, consider a personalized approach this year. At Yankee Candle, you can pick out your gift receivers favorite scent and a design a custom candle label for it! Consider using photo that means a lot to you and the individual you’re giving the gift to. They will definitely keep you in mind every time they burn the candle!

2. Memory jar

Think of all the times they’ve made you smile — and make them smile right back! Color coordination is key for this present, as each paper color can represent a different category of memories that’s being held inside the jar. Some suggestions include ‘remember when’, a funny memory, and ‘A time you made me smile was…’.

3. Open When letters…

This gift is ideal for someone you currently have a long distance relationship with. Think about all the times you won’t be able to be physically show your love and support when the person’s in need, and translate those sentiments into letters. These sweet letters keep the giving running year-long— they can keep opening the letters whenever they miss you!

4. A piece of clothing or item that represents something they care about 

Clothing can still be meaningful! If your best friend is really into Friends, why not get them a t-shirt that lets them to display their love for the show? It’ll show just how much you pay attention to even the smallest details of their lives.

5. Homemade anything!

Homemade presents speak volumes in the ‘I care’ department. It takes time and effort to make things, and it really shows that you care about the person. The possibilities are endless; if you run out of ideas, consider ornaments, decorations and photo albums.

6. A picture frame

This might be the easiest gift on the list. Sure, it doesn’t take much effort to pick up a photo frame from the store, but the photo you pick is the heart of the gift. A heartwarming and memorable photo in the frame will speak volumes.

7. An Experience

Something that never goes out of a style is a truly special experience. You can drive around and look at Christmas lights, or you can buy a plane ticket and go somewhere; in any case, an experience is something that they’re likely to never forget.

8. Something small, but significant.

Has your mom ever casually mentioned how she could really use a new set of pajamas when you two are shopping? Pick up on those cues —  the present itself might not seem like a lot, but it’ll definitely mean a lot to her. Show the people you care that you really listen to what they have to say by purchasing a small item they keep mentioning.

No matter your budget this holiday season, your meaningful gift will mean a lot to the person who is receiving it. Happy shopping!

Hi, I'm Abby Coppens, a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison. I'm pursuing a degree in Economics and Retail. In my free time, I really enjoying hanging out with my friends and family, doing homework, biking, and reading. I'm the biggest friends fanatic on the planet. Go Badgers!