5 Minute Makeup for the Collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

In college, it’s easy to sleep past the alarm and set a record for amount of times hitting the snooze button. Sometimes, when you reach a level of consciousness that tells you it’s really time to get up, it’s already too late. Class is in less than 15 minutes, and you look like you’ve been in a slumber for days. So you jolt out of bed, scrambling to find something that resembles a halfway-decent outfit, and reach for a little makeup. Or maybe you are just feeling a little too lazy today for class. Either way, these products will be your perfect five-minute-makeup-fix. 

Moisturizer

Especially moving into the colder months, it is important to hydrate your skin. The cold weather can dry out your skin, so you want a good moisturizer, and one that contains SPF 30 is even better.

HerCampus pick: Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer ($14)

BB Cream

BB Cream can often do more than foundation. One of it’s main selling points, is that it’s not just covering up an uneven skin tone, but working to improve it. There are different types of BB Creams serving different purposes, including helping acne or wrinkles. The HerCampus pick smooths skin, hides imperfections, hydrates, and corrects complexion.

HerCampus pick:  L’Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream ($8)

Undereye Concealer

An undereye concealer can be just what you need if you haven’t been getting great sleep. It helps minimize the appearance of under eye circles, and brightens by highlighting the area under your eyes.

HerCampus Pick: Femme Couture Flawless Touch Undereye Concealer ($6)

Blush

Add a little color to your cheeks! This HerCampus pick is only $3, and gives your face a nice glow.

HerCampus pick: e.l.f. HD Blush ($3)

Eyeliner

Do you ever notice that your eyeliner fades throughout the day, or it looks like you never applied it in the first place? The HerCampus pick, Ink It, won’t let you down. It’s a super long lasting, no-smudge eyeliner that is easy to apply.

HerCampus Pick: Cover Girl Ink It ($6)

Mascara

Mascara is the easiest step. You can even throw it in your bag to reapply later. Just a few swabs are all you need to be good to go. This HerCampus pick will give you flawless lashes with great volume. 

HerCampus Pick: Maybelline Volum’ Express Mascara ($6)

No need to worry about time! With these products, you won’t have to freak out every time you over-snooze. Need a quick-fix for your hair, too? Check out 5 Minute Hairstyles for the Collegiette

Taylor Shiff is a Senior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, majoring in Communication Arts-Radio/TV/Film, with a Digital Studies certificate. She is a yogi, cupcake enthusiast and superfan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Taylor is also the writer behind the blog, "Life in the Lost and Found Bin", at http://www.lifeinthelostandfoundbin.com
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com