This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

One of the worst feelings in college is the moment when you realize that you have more than one test on in a day or within the span of a couple of days. You have to have your priorities straight. This is not the time to procrastinate, because you are on double duty. Unfortunately, this means making sacrifices, especially in your social life. 

While studying for multiple tests you might experience a rollercoaster of emotions: 

Stage 1: It’s going to be okay. I can do this.

Stage 2: Which one should I study first?

Stage 3: Why do professors keep giving us more new information so close to the test?

Stage 4: Maybe if I keep alternating between the subjects, I won’t burn out so quickly.

Stage 5: I need study breaks, don’t I?

Stage 6: I can’t do this. I repeat, I cannot do this.

Stage 7: My GPA might suffer, but I have to make a choice: which class do I have a better chance in?

Stage 8: This is cruel. Why can’t my professors coordinate so that I don’t have more than one test within a 48 hour period?

Stage 9: Okay, we are getting somewhere. I think I might actually be retaining some of this information.

Stage 10: *Takes practice test*: I know nothing.

Stage 11: Maybe I should review “X” some more.

Stage 12: I should have paid more attention in these lectures.

Stage 13: How much longer do I really have to do this?

Stage 14: My brain can’t possibly hold any more information.

Stage 15: *Day of the tests*: All right, I’ve done all I can. Let’s hope the scantron gods can show me some mercy today.

The silver lining in all of this is knowing that you will have a little room to recover once you knock out these tests. Of course in college, professors don’t miss a beat in giving you more to worry about, but you will feel relief when it is all over. Don’t stress too much, Collegiettes. It probably seems like a lot right now, but know you are not alone in this. You can do this! 

Taylor Shiff is a Senior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, majoring in Communication Arts-Radio/TV/Film, with a Digital Studies certificate. She is a yogi, cupcake enthusiast and superfan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Taylor is also the writer behind the blog, "Life in the Lost and Found Bin", at http://www.lifeinthelostandfoundbin.com
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!