samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

9 Life Lessons Elle Woods Taught Us

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

Elle Woods from Legally Blonde has been a source of inspiration for every young woman since its creation 15 years ago. She is confident with who she is, determined to get what she wants, and never gives up. Everyone thought she was a blonde bimbo who would never accomplish anything, but she defied the odds and proved them wrongIf you’re one of the rare few who haven’t yet seen this movie, then head to Netflix right now to watch it and learn all the motivating life lessons that Elle Woods has taught us. 

She taught us that you should work hard, be diligent, ignore negative thinking, and keep going when times are hard. You really can reach your dreams. 

Don’t give up just because something seems impossible. If it was easy, everyone would do it! It’s the difficulty that makes it great

Helping others is worth while, rather than only thinking of yourself.

You don’t need others to tell you your self worth. Remember, you are your own greatest asset!

Have the courage to fight for what we want and not let outside sources dictate our behavior.

Elle taught us not to waste our tears on boys.

And she also taught us that sometimes, “first impressions are not always correct.”

We can’t forget that Elle showed us that we can rock ANY outfit with confidence!

And finally, she taught us that we always need to have faith in ourselves.

Thanks for always being an awesome role model, Elle!

HCXO

Digital Information Design major with a concentration in Digital Mass Media and a minor in Art History.
Catherine is an ambitious twenty-something woman living in Rock Hill, South Carolina where she attends Winthrop University as a mass communication major. She is the President and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Winthrop, which she co-founded in November 2014. She has also been a member of the Winthrop chapter of the Association for Women in Communications, and is currently the President of the Society of Professional Journalists chapter at Winthrop. Since being involved with Her Campus, Catherine received an internship at Her Campus Media in Boston, MA. She also currently works as a Chapter Advisor for the company and writes about Grey's Anatomy each week for the site. Because of Her Campus, she has also received writing positions at many publications throughout her 3 years at Winthrop. Outside of her busy lifestyle, Catherine enjoys relaxing with her friends on the weekends and having Sex and the City marathons. She can't live without her dog, family, Cosmopolitan, friends, Starbucks, Instagram, The Bachelor, Grey's Anatomy and of course Chick-fil-A. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: @cathclowe!