28 Signs You’re Addicted To Your Cellphone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winthrop chapter.

They say the first step to overcoming a problem is admitting you have a problem.

Think you have an obsession with your phone? Then check out the 28 signs you’re addicted to your cellphone (which you’re probably reading on your cellphone).

1.     You look at your phone to check the weather outside instead of opening a window and looking outside.

2.     You immediately grab your phone when you wake up and check it before you get up to use the bathroom.

3.     You take your phone to the bathroom.

4.     You drop your phone on your face because you were dozing off.

5.     You sleep with your phone on your nightstand or keep it in your bed next to you.

6.     You panic when you touch your back pocket and your phone isn’t there.

7.     Your phone battery doesn’t last a day.

8.     You go on your phone in social settings.

9.     You walk to class while on your cellphone.

10.  You check your phone frequently, sometimes without any reason.

11.  You check your phone even while getting ready for bed.

12.  You obsessively check for emails, texts, and missed calls, and get upset when you don’t have notifications.

13.  You carry your phone in your hand instead of in your bag or pocket.

14.  You go on your phone even while watching TV or eating food.

15.  You procrastinate doing schoolwork with your phone.

16.  You get lost in your phone without realizing how much time has passed.

17.  You’ve almost walked into objects and people while engrossed in your phone.

18.  You nearly lose it when there’s a disruption in service.

19.  Every once in a while you freak out when you can’t find your phone, and then you realize it’s in your hand.

20.  You frequently catch yourself trying to open apps you’re already in.

21.  You become restless or grumpy when your cellphone is out of sight. 

22.  You freak out when you think you’ve lost your cellphone. 

23.  You feel nervous when you don’t have your cellphone.

24.  You make excuses to check your phone.

25.  You get a pounding headache when you’re on your phone for extended periods of time.

26.  You text someone when they’re in the other room or right next to you.

27.  You feel the need to document or take a selfie for every occasion.

28.  You are currently reading this article on your phone.

With the weather getting warmer, take a few hours every day to go outside without your phone! Turn it off for a few hours during homework, and make sure you limit your time on it the rest of the day!

Anna-Marie Hayward is a senior mass communications major at Winthrop University. She is passionate about journalism and wants to go into sports journalism as a career. Her favorite sports are football and basketball, and she is an avid fan of the WWE. She loves writing poetry on a variety of subjects, composing songs in a variety of genres, reading just about anything, exercising three times a week, and playing video games even when they make her rage. You can follow her on Twitter at @annabananatrees and on Instagram at annabanana_4ever. 
Winthrop University is a small, liberal arts college in Rock Hill, SC.