This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

There aren’t many student run non-profits that selflessly help women around the world access the same level of education they would otherwise be getting for free in America. That is why the members of Circle of Women stand for this common cause and work towards making a global impact on the educational opportunities for women. Here at Williams, Circle of Women is one of the handful of other chapters, or clubs, that span nationwide, as well as in one high school. The two co-Presidents, Julianna Kostas and Peter Zhang, organize the group’s fundraisers and meetings to promote raising awareness for the girls. The money that they collect from fundraisers goes to a school in Tanzania that provides these girls with an A level education — or the kind of education you would find offered in the United Kingdom.

Going on there second year, Circle of Women has raised money by collecting a portion of Mission Dining Hall’s meal swipes, as well as selling bracelets made by the mother’s of the girls who attend these schools and selling posters outside paresky. As smart of an investment it is to donate to these girls’ lives, it is also worth mentioning how Circle of Women also promotes the advocacy of girls in America supporting other girls their age around the world. Not only does this help other communities in surrounding areas, but it also surpasses borders and encourages an exchange of support and mutual respect between these girls. The club’s next goal is to raise $10,000 in celebration of ten years of Circle projects. For more information on Circle of Women, you can learn about the various projects they are working, the other chapters, or how to get involved here: http://circleofwomen.org/

Also, to donate to the members of the Circle of Women Club, you can find William’s College’s Chapter here: https://give.circleofwomen.org/fundraise/team?ftid=71526

Nica is a Senior at Williams College majoring in Biology and taking pre-medical courses. She is a member of Ritmo Latino and GQ A cappella. Her passions include public health, reading, and yoga.
Michella is a senior at Williams College, majoring in Political Science. When she's not reading up on political theories, you'll catch Michella singing with her a capella group on campus or helping folks out at the front desk in the science library.