This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Seeret Samra is a passionate Golden Hawk who is involved on campus in many aspects. From teaching first years as a Communications TA, to making sure she maintains fitness at the Laurier gym, this graduating Golden Hawk has brought her warm heart to Laurier over the last four years.

Program: Communication StudiesYear of Study: FourthHometown: Brampton, Ontario 

What are you involved in on campus? Tell us about your roles and duties.

I volunteered for Laurier Day and Arts in Action. Last year I was a member of the Co-op Student Advisory Council and the Women and Leadership Club. I absolutely love volunteering for Laurier day because I had the opportunity to meet perspective students and tell them all about how wonderful Laurier really is! I was also a Teaching Assistant with the Communications department.

Why is it important for you (and others) to get involved on campus?

I think it is so important to get involved on campus because you have the opportunity to meet such wonderful people and make a difference in the Laurier community!

Describe yourself in three words.

Passionate, energetic and friendly.

It’s exam season; what is your coping mechanism?

Going to the group exercise classes at the Laurier gym! I joined this year and actually completed the Healthy Hawk Challenge this semester. I find going to the gym a huge stress reliever and a great energy boost! It really gets your blood pumping and gives your mind a break to think about something else.

What was your favourite part about being a TA?

The students! I absolutely love being a TA because I get to interact with students in a small classroom setting and provide them additional help. I see myself in a lot of my students and I want to guide them as best as possible. I don’t limit my tutorials to only course content and I share with my students events on campus they should get involved in and provide them with plenty of career advice.

You got to experience being both a student and a teacher at university; not many people get this opportunity. What was the most important thing you learned from being in each role?

From being a student I learned that time management and keeping up with your readings is extremely important so that you are not stressing out during exams. As a teacher the most important thing I learned was that everyone learns differently and sometimes you need to adjust your teaching style to best accommodate your students.

If you could travel anywhere in the world right now with no limitations, where would you go and why?

I would love to travel to Greece right now. This is going to sound kind of silly but ever since I watched The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants and Lena travels to Greece, I’ve wanted to go!

What does being a Golden Hawk mean to you?

Being a Golden hawk to me means being kind, helpful, understanding and generous. Every student at the Laurier campus will always hold the door open for you! It is the little things that go a long way at Laurier and I hope all my fellow Hawks stay golden.

Now that you are in fourth year, what advice would you give to your first year students or students attending Laurier for the first time in September?

Make the most of your four years at Laurier because they will fly by! I completed my last exam of my undergraduate career on April 17th and I can still remember my first day at Laurier moving into Bricker residence. Be open-minded, make new friends, and get to know your professors. Also, get involved in campus because you will meet the most passionate Golden Hawks and make long lasting friends!

We will be sad to see you leaving Laurier, Seeret, but we wish you the best success with your future endeavours!

Veronica Puistonen

Wilfrid Laurier

Contributing Writer for the WLU Campus Chapter. Fourth year Honours Communication Studies student. 
Chelsea Birtch

Wilfrid Laurier

Chelsea is one of the Campus Correspondent's for the HC WLU chapter! She has a passion for writing and is an avid reader who aspires to be an elementary school teacher. As well as being involved with Her Campus, she is also a sister of the Iota Theta chapter of Alpha Phi.