Your HC Writers!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

Kaitlyn Sykes

Kaitlyn Sykes is a 20-year-old third-year English Literature student minoring in Medieval Studies. She is currently studying abroad in Aix-en-Provence, France, studying English literature and France language and soaking up the culture. Her hobbies include reading, writing, sailing, travelling, running, skiing, and playing the piano and flute. She is a hockey fanatic and loves her hometown OHL team, the Belleville Bulls (no matter if they’re winners or losers), and the Chicago Blackhawks. She hopes to get a Masters degree in English literature and one day work in publishing.

Alexie Evans

Alexie Evans is in her second year at Western University where she is majoring in English and minoring in both Creative Writing and Anthropology. She loves writing anything from poetry to fashion articles and hopes to be a high school teacher and writer upon graduating. Born and raised on a horse farm in Orangeville, Ontario, Alexie is a country girl at heart but also would love to experience life in the big city! She loves shopping, Asian food, animals, and travelling. Alexie is beyond excited to have become a part of the Her Campus team!

Allie Schwartz

Allie is a university student whose enthusiasm for fashion and beauty makes up a large portion of her daily life. She’s a typical student who loves to try new things and venture out into new grounds. That’s where her love for challenges and adventures comes from. Always trying to find new stores and ways to re-create affordable trends, Allie is always on the look out for the best designer steals out there. As a passionate fashion and beauty writer & blogger, Allie enjoys keeping her readers entertained and informed. With a fresh cup of coffee and some Nutella, she’s ready to tackle every challenge and adventure thrown her way.

Alix Gropper

Alix Gropper is a student in her fourth year of the Honors Specialization Media Information and Technoculture program at Western University. She has a keen interest and experience in Public Relations and Advertising and is an avid reader of all things entertainment. As an emerging rapper/foodie/professional-tv-marathon-ist, Alix’s eclectic background of tastes gives her plenty to write about. In her spare time Alix can be found collecting large numbers of completely impractical fall jackets and plotting ways to return to Tel Aviv University, a place she left her heart in last semester while studying abroad.

[pagebreak]

Shannon Stewart 

Shannon Stewart is currently majoring in BMOS at the University of Western Ontario. Coming all the way from Vancouver she is proud to represent west coast at Western. To get the most out of her university experience she is currently involved in flag football, intramural volleyball, and various charity and finance clubs. This will be her first year at HerCampus and she can’t wait to share her passion of fashion and makeup with the readers.

Jessica Liske

Jessica Liske is a Western University student studying journalism in MTP. She is the host of The Big Purple Couch, and runs the radio show 30 Purple Minutes every other weekend on 106.9 The X. She has TV and radio covered so it’s about time she tries her hand at writing! Catch her on twitter @jliskeBPC and on Instagram @jayliske 

Rida Ahmed

Rida is in her last year at Western and will hopefully graduate with a degree in English Literature. After graduating she hopes to go into journalism and eventually accomplish her dream of becoming a writer at Vogue. Rida loves everything about fashion and in her past time can be found pouring over almost every fashion magazine available in North America! She has loved every moment of being involved with Her Campus and is very excited about all the new writers this year.

Krystyna LaChance

Krystyna is in her fourth year at Western University, formerly the University of Western Ontario. She is majoring in Arts and Humanities, with a Specialization in the English Language and Literature. She hopes to pursue a career in teaching with a fallback on journalism. Fair warning, she is a bit of a grammar freak and as such is a trusted HerCampus Western Ontario editor. She loves fashion, literature, music and film – subjects which she also happens to enjoy writing about, so stay tuned. All in all, Krystyna is a proud member of the HerCampus community and she looks forward to writing for you.

Rida is a fourth year student at the University of Western Ontario and is extremely excited about the opportunity to bring Her Campus to London! She recently changed her major from Finance to English Literature after finally realizing what she wanted to do with her life. Having spent her whole life in the Middle East (Dubai and Saudi Arabia) Rida had no choice but to grow up a shopaholic! Having shifted from the desert to the great ice box that is Canada, she still finds it difficult to adjust to the freezing weather. In her spare time, Rida likes reading, watching way too many shows, stuffed crust pizza and,of course, shopping! Her aspirations are to one day live in Paris and be a writer for Vogue.