pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

52 Things To Do Before Leaving #WesternU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Western chapter.

1. Wednesday Rick’s at the Spoke
  2. Hook Up on Campus (top floor of UC after ten pm…Western Football field, tunnels around campus—bonus tip, tunnels are heated making them perfect for winter)
  3. Go Tobogganing down University College Hill (or even better go Toboozing)
  4. Party @ Saugeen
  5. Knock on random doors for Shinerama
  6. Be Featured on HerCampus (Celeb’s and Cutie’s we’re looking at you ;) )
  7. Ceeps Sledgehammer Bingo (Bonus points if you WIN bingo)
  8. Ride the Bull at Cowboys OR Bull and Barrel
  9. Wait in Line for an hour to get into Ceeps (It’s a rite of passage y’all)
  10. Actually attend a football game

11. Get lost in the annual Broughdale sea of purple on HOCO
  12. Do an organized bar crawl
  13. Attempt the Spoke Beer Tour
  14. Attempt the Infamous Western Film Popcorn Trough
  15. Attend a concert at the Wave
  16. Get Lost on the LTC (On purpose or by accident)
  17. Canoe down the Thames River (or you know look at the river and canoe in your mind for safety reasons)
  18. Order the Spoke’s CLT
  19. Get lost on Campus (bonus points if you’re late for class)
  20. Jack’s Dollar Beers! (Monday or Wednesday or BOTH)

21. Pull an all nighter
  22. Sneak into the (New) Ivey Building and pretend you belong
  23. Walk across campus at night (So Romantic)
  24. Discover Kings (Kings Library= <3)
  25. Attend a play at Huron Student Activities Center (THE SAC)
  26. Spend some time at Club Weldon (hint: it’s the only club where you don’t need a legal ID)
  27. While you’re at Weldon…CHECK OUT A BOOK YO
  28. Go to FIMS annual Inappropriate office party
  29. Have a Spoke Bagel, the Asiago is highly recommended
  30. Go to a Faculty Formal (Doesn’t have to be your faculty FYI)

31. Find your way to a Frat Party
  32. Have you ever been to the Grad Club? Not even for Trivia Tuesday? GO (it starts at 8pm!)
  33. Talk to a Foreign exchange student (get outside your own bubble and learn something about them, and their life or culture)
  34. Take a class outside your major (this one is easy since Western requires you do so in order to graduate)
  35. KEGGER (because spending $10 on watered down beer and a cup someone else 100% drank out of before you got there is also a Rite of Passage)
  36. Participate in Canada’s largest student run fashion show AKA, CAISA (model, be an exec, attend the show, or go to one of the million pre-show promotional events)
  37. Martini Monday at Martini Bar (keep it super classy)
  38. Kin Pub Crawl! (Get wild with those Kin Kids)
  39. Make a class friend (a friend you meet through class, and become strangely close with in a short period of time, also known as a “class buddy” or “study buddy”)
  40. Go to Western Clubs week (bonus if you actually join a club, bonus-bonus if you actively participate in the club)

41. Buy a pitcher (doesn’t matter where, doesn’t matter with who, just do it!)
  42. Do Intramurals! (Get together a group of friends together and go for that purple shirt!)
  43. Go to a Prof’s office hours! They’re here to help you, and share their knowledge and experience! Take them up on those few hours every week and learn as much as you can!
  44. Get kicked out a bar (this is another rite of passage and much easier than you might think)
  45. Spend too much money at a poster sale to express your individuality
  46. Date a fellow Western student, do Western-y dates (dinner at the Wave, Western Film for movie night)
  47. Hit Up the Western Rec Center (Take a class, watch a game, get a booster juice)
  48. Get attacked by a Goose (stepping in Goose poo counts as it is the Goose attacking your shoe by proxy) OR narrowly escape a near goose attack
  49. Spend more money on Frozen Yogurt than you thought possible (Thanks a lot Chil Frozen Yogurt Bar)
  50. Skate at Victoria Park

51. Attend an extra-curricular talk hosted by the University
  52. As said by Riley Wong: “Embrace university for all that it is. Just the privileges and nuances of what this time of our lives can offer, and run with it for the little time that we have left”

What’s On Your #WesternUBucketList?

Kellie Anderson is incredibly proud and excited to be Western Ontario's Campus Correspondent for the 2015-2016 year. She is currently in her fourth year of Media Information & Technoculture, and has an overflowing passion for creative writing. While Kellie loves to get wildly creative while writing fictional short stories, she has found that her true passion is in shedding light towards hard-hitting topics like Mental Illness - she believes that writing is the best healer. Kellie has some pretty BIG plans for her future and can't wait to graduate as a Her Campus Alumni! You can contact her at kellieanderson@hercampus.com.