As you all may know, Titanic is back in theatres and this time, it’s in 3D! I can’t tell you how many times I have seen the movie, but I can tell you that I have cried at the end every time! To mark the return of the second highest grossing movie of all time, here’s a list of interesting facts about the original.
- The studios wanted Matthew McConaughey to play Jack but Jmes Cameron was insistent that thepart be given to Leonardo Dicaprio
- Initially, Gwyneth Paltrow was up for the role of Rose
- The cost of constructing the ship in 1910-1912 was $7.5 million which was equivalent to $120-$150 million in 1997; the movie cost $120 million to make
- All the pictures in Jack’s sketchbook were drawn by James Cameron. In fact, in the scene with Jack’s hands sketching Rose wearing only the necklace are not his but James Cameron’s
- After learning that she was going to be naked in front o f Leonardo Dicaprio, Kate Winslet decided to break the ice the first time they met and flashed him
- The ocean the extras were jumping into was only 3 feet deep
- In early production the film was called ‘Planet Ice’ as a decoy
- After the script was complete, James Cameron learned that there was in fact a “J. Dawson” who died aboard the Titanic.
- James Cameron did not want any songs in the film but after composer James Horner recorded the famous song with Celine Dion, “My heart Will Go On” was included in the movie
- Paramount had to send out replacement reels to theatres who had worn out their copies
For more interesting facts about the movie, check out:http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2bBqTw/www.socialphy.com/posts/images-pics/10853/Very-Interesting-Facts-About-the-Movie-Titanic.html