Sonia Feldman 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Say hello to Sonia Feldman, the under-wraps fashionista who is working hard to make a splash not only on campus, but also in the crazy world of social media.  She recently applied to a variety of interesting summer internships, and was put in charge of running the Instagram account for Muchness, a new participant in the waves of online merchandising sales. This being said, the girl works hard.  She loves Jewish deli food, driving her sexy Ford Fusion, reading, backpacking, and cheetahs. Let’s be real… What else could you ask for? Oh wait, she’s from Cleveland. Boom.

Hometown: Shaker Heights, Ohio- It’s by Cleveland.

What do you miss most about Shaker/Cleveland? Is it embarrassing to say that I miss Jewish deli food? My more respectable answer is driving. I have a sexy motor vehicle after all: Dark green Ford Fusion.

(Cleveland Jewish deli food is well worth missing).

Major (or potential major)? I am sure my parents would love it if I knew the answer to that question. English? Maybe?

Extracurricular Activities: I started skating when I was 2, but I haven’t gone since I came to Wash U, and for some reason this always surprises everyone, but I love backpacking.

Any other interests? Well, I love to read, nerd that I am. So there’s that. Recently I have become obsessed with my summer internship. It’s working on social media for a fashion tech startup called Muchness. For the moment I am in charge of Instagram. Getting followers is strangely addicting. I feel myself turning into a desperate tween with an overactive selfie habit. Except all my posts are classy, of course… No selfies.

That’s tight! How did you land that? I have a lot of anxiety about being semi-useless. I have never had an actual job. No one ever trusted me with their children, not sure if I’m surprised about that. I usually gave up on raking leaves even when my mother offered me five dollars. So, I recently had a panic attack about being unemployed for the rest of my life and applied to everything in sight on CareerLink.

So you’re into fashion and trends… Do you dress up for class? Sadly, I think absolutely no one would know I like fashion based on my day-to-day apparel. This is not because I am lazy. Ok, that’s a lie… It’s because I’m lazy. Every single day- ask my roommate- I get out of bed at the :37 before whatever hour I have class. And I get breakfast. So basically outfit regret is a daily occurrence. However, when I go out, travel, act like a normal person, or have free time, I try to get it together. I got mad fancy planning outfits for rush.

Ultimate girl crush… GO: For the moment it’s an Emma Watson/Emma Stone faceoff. Oh, also Rebel Wilson. Love her.

Favorite dessert? I only eat dessert so the real question is “What is your favorite meal?” Just kidding… Kinda. Probably ice cream though. The very adorable daughters of my Res College faculty advisor recently sold me Girl Scout cookies (Thin Mints and Samoas) and I gotta say I am pretty excited about those too.

You best throw those thin mints in the freezer… Favorite exotic animal? As a young child, I was determined to have a cheetah as a pet.

Favorite thing about St. Louis thus far? I feel like this whole getting places by walking thing is really restricting me from experiencing St. Louis, but thus far I am pretty convinced that there is really good food.

You got that right.

Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.