Keep Calm and Get Through Finals: Told Through Emojis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

1. Stay Organized

twitter.com

It’s important to go through your old notes and organize them in order to study them. It’s also important to keep your study area organized so materials don’t get lost or mixed up. It’s important to organize a schedule for yourself so you stay on track with studying. Basically organization is just really important.

2. Exercise

blog.emojipedia.com

Giving yourself time to exercise during study breaks will rejuvenate you and keep you energized to continue studying. Exercising also relieves stress and makes you feel good.

3. Do not drink too much caffeine

plus.google.com

People often overdose on caffeine to keep them up and going through exam week, but too much can actually be detrimental. Too much caffeine increases the stress and anxiety you will already be feeling, which is not what you want. Try and stay energized in other ways…like exercising and sleeping and eating healthy snacks!

4. Give yourself some “you” time

eve.com

Make sure you take some breaks in your studying to relax for a bit. Don’t drain yourself out with constant studying. Allow yourself a short Netflix break or a manicure! It’s important to give yourself some relaxing time and not make yourself crazy with constantly staring at your work all day.

5. Sleep

stuff.tv.com

SLEEP! Sleeping will keep you healthy and able to be more productive throughout the day. Also, sleep consolidates new information and will help you recall that information better when you are awake.

6. No phone time

lemodia.com

During your study time, turn your phone off or put it away somewhere out of reach. Phones and social media are a huge distraction during finals week so it’s best to keep them out of sight sometimes. Take breaks and use your phone then!

7. Take breaks and change locations

iemoji.com

Create a study schedule (and follow it!!) that has breaks accounted for. Between breaks go somewhere else, or move your study stuff into a new location. Sometimes spending all day at the same table in the library gives you a cabin fever feeling. Switch it up and don’t make yourself crazy.

Washington University class of 2019/Arts and Sciences, undeclared.
Rachel is a junior in Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. When she's not using her status as a twin as her obvious fun fact, she'll probably tell you that she loves photography, concerts, travel, Buzzfeed, and slaving over clever Instagram captions.