Fashion in the Forest: How to redefine your style in 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Redefining your style is always a fun adventure, but can be very daunting. So what better way to do it than making it your New Year’s Resolution?! I am not a big resolution person, but I always tell myself that I am going to try at least one new trend every month. Whether you do it that way or another, it is never a good idea to completely change your style one day. So before you give all of your clothes to Good Will and buy an entire new wardrobe, here are some tips.

1.    Like I always say, it is easier to start small. If you always wear neutrals, then try and wear one colorful thing per day. This could be something as simple as colorful earrings and/or bright pink nails. Simply try one thing out of your comfort zone everyday.

2.    It can be easy to go overboard, so don’t too much per day. If your resolution is to wear more patterns and neons, you might not want to wear three neon patterns at once. This is not only overwhelming for your peers, but probably also for you. Pick either neon or pattern and work with that one day and the other the next.

3.    Some easy trends to try are beanies, lots of neutral layers especially winter whites, mixing textures and/or patters, and faux fur. These are all really fun trends that will energize your wardrobe right away. Check out some of my other Fashion in the Forest articles for some of these ideas and look for more trend ideas for the rest of the semester!

Welcome back to the Forest and make sure to email me pictures of your awesome, new outfits or any cool outfits you see. I will post them in the next article and on the Pinterest page! Until next time…

Taylor Curry

Wake Forest

Hello all! My name is Taylor and I am a junior here at Wake. I am so excited about writing for Her Campus again this semester and check out my Fashion in the Forest blog posts every other week. Also check out the Fashion in the Forest Pinterest page or email me at hcfashionintheforest@gmail.com!
Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.