rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Thoughts You’ve Had During a Finals Test

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Finals are the bane of all college students’ existence. We all have the same thoughts when taking those dreaded finals. You start out confidently and then realize it’s not as easy as you thought. Here’s how finals usually go:

1. Questions 1-5

I know this! I am so prepared! I am a rockstar; I’ll take my A now.

2. Questions 6-10

I wonder if I’ll get extra credit for filling out my name. Participation points?

3. Questions 11-15

I feel like “C” would be a good answer, I haven’t bubbled that in for a while.

4. Questions 16-20

Well, this material was never covered. Did the professor accidentally put this on the test? There must be some sort of mistake.

5. Questions 21-25

Pull yourself together, you did not attend every lecture and turn in every assignment this semester to fail now.

6. Questions 26-30

I thought the professor promised that Chapters 16-18 wouldn’t be on the test! I feel blindsided.

7. Questions 31-35

I wonder how big this curve will be. Is a twenty point curve even legal to give out? Will the professor be generous because it’s the holiday season?

8. Questions 36-40

I’m treating myself to Chipotle and a Chick Fil A milkshake…I’ve been through a lot.

9. In the Parking Lot

Did I even use a Number 2 pencil? What if a slight breeze blew my scantron off the table and now it’s lost?

Finals can be stressful for everyone, but it is so important to be confident in yourself and keep a positive attitude throughout the week. Your score does not define you as an individual and cannot predict your future successes nor measure your other talents. I guarantee you will end up doing better than you think; just allow yourself to be great. Remember to eat well, exercise and study hard!

Image Sources: GIFs from Giphy.com

Juliana Plescia

Virginia Tech

Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!