Vizcaya Swimwear Calendar Release/ RVA Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

What are the buzzwords for the Vizcaya Swimwear line this season at RVA Fashion Week? Sexy, confident, and edgy all describe the vibe of the suits that walked the runway this past fashion week.  Vizcaya Swimwear (designed by Lisa Opie and Franz Orban) is all that and more. As models sauntered down the runway in Vizcaya suits they exuded a stylish confidence with every step. Being invited to RVA Fashion week as a Her Campus representative was thrilling! The atmosphere at the show was electrifying and I could tell that every ones there liked what they were seeing. At the show, I got the chance to meet local fashion bloggers Such as Stormy from Mosaic Union and Jenn from Fashionista Jenn. On top meeting amazingly cool people I was beyond excited to be one of the few who got to see the highly anticipated Vizcaya designs.

Franz Orban, Lisa Opie and I

Lisa Opie walks with her designs at the end of the show.

Vizcaya Swimwear hosted an upscale and exclusive Calendar Release/RVA Fashion Week after party at Lucky Buddha’s May 3rd 2013. With press, fashion bloggers, Vizcaya Calendar Models, pageant queens and more fashion natives filling the club it was the event to be at this fashion season. The Vizcaya Calendar Models were at the event signing calendars and taking photos. The music was great and everyone was dancing their hearts out. The party was the perfect way to celebrate a successful show and the beginning of many great things for Vizcaya Swimwear. 

Me, Kimberly Corrigan, and super sweet friend.

Her Camups Girls looking fine!

Hi! My names is Sidney, and I am a Freshman at VCU. I love fashion and design and I hope to be a Graphic Designer. My hobbies include blogging, running, art, reading and movie watching.
Sarah is a Mass Communications student at VCU with a concentration in Online/Print Journalism. She is passionate about veganism, traveling, music, health and fitness. Her plans after graduation are to move to NYC and work within the journalism field.