5 Things to Help You Relax During Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Relaxing is not a word we use too often to describe college, especially at the end of the semester. As finals finally come to an end it’s something we cannot wait to do. Winter break gives us about one whole month off of school. Whether you’ll be going straight home or staying around school, relaxing all of break or working for most of it, Her Campus has a few suggestions to detox from school and enjoy your time off.

Traveling is on everyone’s bucket list, whether it be to a bustling city or somewhere remote. Maybe it’s on another continent, in another country or even here in the United States. While an exotic getaway may not be in your budget this winter break, Leaders Cosmetics USA can lend a hand with their 7 Wonders Premium Coconut Masks. You won’t have to leave your home to experience the benefits of botanical fruit and plant extracts from some of the most exotic places in the world. They have six different masks, each with a different purpose such as anti-aging, anti-wrinkling and calming, so take your pick and pretend you’re on vacation for just a little while!

After a relaxing facemask, take some time to catch up on reading that you actually enjoy! After a semester of boring textbooks you need to get lost in a good book. The hardest part about all of this is usually deciding which book to read, but Book of the Month Club does the hard work for you. When you sign up they take the liberty of picking five of the best books of the month, and you pick the one you most want to read. They deliver the book right to your door every month, keeping you entertained all year long.

As you’re sitting down with your book, it’s the perfect time to make yourself a cup of tea! The warmth will keep you cozy during the cold winter break, and with the numerous choices from Yogi Tea you’ll have tea for every occasion. Whether you like black tea, flavored tea, detox tea or soothing tea you won’t be disappointed. Tea is the perfect drink for the cold winter days. 

While we all know relaxing is a top priority over winter break, it can get boring to spend all of your time at home. With all the holiday parties and New Year’s right around the corner you’re going to want to get dressed up and go out. As you’re getting ready to put on that short dress you’ve had picked out for your New Year’s Eve party all week, don’t forget to tame the beast that is your leg hair. Pure Silk helps keep your legs silky smooth when you shave.

As much as we all would like to say we don’t wear make up, we’re guilty as charged. Whether it’s a little mascara, some bronzer or even a pop of color with lip gloss, Rimmel London has all the beauty products you need to look fabulous this holiday season.

Thank you to Her Campus and all of our sponsors for preparing us with these great tools to survive winter break!

Maddy is a junior in Fashion Merchandising at Virginia Commonwealth University. She loves cooking (when she's in the mood), styling outfits, traveling and discovering new places. She believes home is about the people you're with and not the place you live. She's driven, creative, a romantic at heart and competitive, so don't challenge her because she always wins.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!