10 Lessons to Learn From Brooke Davis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

1. ALWAYS say your name with pride.

It’s who you are. If you don’t say it with pride then nobody will.

2. Do not let stereotypes and double standards define you.

We all hear from society on what you should be or what you have to be. Remember to just be who you want to be. Be able to look yourself in the mirror and not feel lost.

3. Say it like it is.

There’s no point beating around the bush, so stand up straight, and say what you want to say with confidence.

4. It is completely okay to sometimes feel like life is getting too hard.

We all have those times when pressure begins to crumble us, and the weight on our shoulders just gets too heavy. It happens. It’s life.

5. But that NEVER means you stop trying.

No matter how heavy that weight is, no matter how much you want to give up, don’t do it. You’ll regret it. That moment of weakness is not worth losing everything.

6. Be a child sometimes.

We all have stressful lives, whether you’re a full-time student, full-time employee, or part-time. Sometimes it’s okay to let go of everything, and just jump on the bed or lie on the grass and stare at the puffy clouds. Sometimes it’s okay to let the child inside come out.

7. Don’t just stand up for yourself; stand up for everyone you love and everything you believe in.

People are mean, and everyone knows that. Don’t just sit back and watch as a bully tries to hurt someone you love or take away something you like. Fight back; because that’s the only way you can claim what’s yours.

8. Be nice, be loyal, be polite BUT never let anyone walk all over you.

Common courtesy is necessary; we are all taught to be respectful and proper, but sometimes people can be mean and selfish, and those people are not worth the slightest of your time.

9. Use pain and hate as motivation.

We’ve all had our heart broken. We’ve all been lied to. We’ve all been backstabbed. Instead of crying and getting angry, prove the people who hurt you wrong. Take on a new task or set a new goal, and without thinking twice about it, just go for it.

10. EVERYTHING over bros.

Guys come and go in life, but there are a few things that will never let you down; fashion, special friends and your passion. Clothes and shopping can fix anything, friends are perfect for every feeling and your passion is your comfort zone. 

Amritha Nair is a double major in Psychology and Business Management at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is a member of many organizations on campus including greek life and numerous philanthropic organizations. Her writing has always been an outlet for her; her favorite pieces to write are short stories and poems that usually reflect personal experience or are inspired by other works of art. Other than writing, Amritha loves to swim, shop online, read, and binge watch shows on Netflix. Her heart lies with her family, close friends, and ice cream. You can follow her on twitter and Instagram at amrithanair16!
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!