My Bucket List for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Everyone, I’m about to tell you something you already know and are probably sick of hearing. 

It’s springtime! 

But, you might say, how can it be spring if snowflakes are falling from the sky? 

Beats me. But seeing as the first day of spring was last week, I figure that it’s high time I accept the change of seasons and start celebrating the end of winter, even if the weather makes me want to hightail it back home to Florida ASAP. 

One such way to celebrate is by creating a spring bucket list! Here are a few things that I am dying to try this season- I hope they inspire you to create a bucket list of your own! 

1) Go to the Nashville Water Park. 

I have been dying to go to the water park in Nashville, more specifically Nashville Shores, since I first heard of its opening last fall. As a Florida native, I desperately miss the days of going to Wet n’ Wild or Blizzard Beach whenever the desire arose. While I highly doubt Nashville Shores can hold a candle to Blizzard Beach, I figure it’s at least worth a trip, especially since it’s really close to downtown Nashville! I also discovered that they have a Treetops Adventure Park where you can zipline! Neat, right? 

2) Have a picnic on that big hill overlooking Nashville. 

I feel like everyone has been to this stupid hill but me. I don’t even know where it is, but I know that it’s somewhere, and apparently, it’s the most romantic place in all of Nashville. Thus, I have decided to pack my boyfriend and myself a picnic and go on an adventure to find this mystical hill. A little romance is always nice, especially when you’ve been dating for a while! 

3) Run outside again! 

I’ve been doing so many runs on the treadmill lately that I’m beginning to go insane, so I really can’t wait to start jogging outside again. I used to always go to Centennial, but it’s been looking so gruesome lately that I haven’t wanted to go. Once the flowers start blooming, however, Centennial will be back to its beautiful state and will be perfect for my afternoon jogs! I’ve also heard of a great trail nearby that’s pretty tough to run but extremely rewarding in the end. Running has always been a tool of exploration for me, so I’m extremely excited to start using it! 

4) Get my bronze on. 

I just recently moved into a condo that has a pool and chairs for tanning, and I’ve been dying to go for months. I know that the sun is bad for me, but if I use some degree of SPF while I’m out there and supplement my tan with St. Tropez Tanning Lotion, I’ll be looking bronze in no time without all of the potential for skin cancer. Plus, having a pool with a grill means that I can invite friends over for cocktails and a BBQ! Sounds like a perfect way to unwind after finals, if you ask me. 

5) Cook dinner (almost) every night. 

Even though I have a condo with a kitchen, I still fall into the trap of going to Mellow Mushroom for a big slice of pizza. Now that it’s almost bikini season, I really need to stop eating so much unhealthy restaurant food and start cooking more! I’ve been trying to make more meals out of Cooking Light, but lately, I haven’t had much incentive to follow through. With formal just a week and a half away, I need to get started on my path to healthiness, and I know that begins in the kitchen! 

I hope reading my bucket list has inspired you to create one of your own, because I promise, spring in all its legitimacy is right around the corner! 

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.