This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Summer is approaching which means it’s the perfect time to work on achieving those beach ready abs. Check out these simple exercises and foods that will help you get the physique you may be working toward!

1. Cardio

Most people do not know that cardio is very important for trying to achieve those abs. It increases your heart rate, which speeds up your metabolism causing you to burn more fat and slim down. You can do cardio by simply taking a stroll around your neighborhood, jumping rope, aerobics, or jumping jacks. Take your pick they’re all effective, and don’t forget your water!

2. Planks

Planking is a great way to achieve the beach ready body you want. Not only does it strengthens your core, but it also strengthens your biceps and triceps as well.

3. Crunches

One of the most effective ways of achieving abs would have to be crunches. It may seem cliché, but they actually work. You can work on your lower and upper abs by doing a simple crunch and the results speak for itself.

4. Food

In order to keep that belly fat off and to speed up the process of achieving your beach ready abs, you have to eat the right foods. These different foods can help you slim down and keep unwanted weight off!

Eggs:

Yogurt:

Leafy Greens:

Almonds:

Fruit:

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.