This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Because Heartbreak Drake pulled a Beyonce and dropped his 4th album dead in the middle of the night (which sold half a million copies in just the first three days), it’s only right we have him as our Man Crush Monday! Aubrey Graham,who is better known as Drake, is a Toronto native who started his career in 2009 in the hands of his mentor Lil Wayne when he signed with Young Money and well, let’s just say ever since then, nothing was the same.

It’s no wonder Drake is such a musical success; it’s in his blood! Drake’s father Dennis was a drummer who worked with Jimmy Lee Lewis, a pioneer of Rock and Roll. He also had two uncles who were musicians as well. The musicial genes are strong in the Graham family!

But no worries Drizzy, we’ll never forget when you were just Wheelchair Jimmy in the hit show Degrassi with the bushy hair and unibrow. Drake starred on the show until his character graduated eight years later. I’m still having a hard time forgiving Rick for putting Jimmy in that wheelchair!

Another reason why we love Drake: he loves his mama! You know what they say ladies, you can judge a man based on the way he treats his mother, and Drake treats his very well. When his parents divorced he stayed with his mother but their life was far from easy. In his music you can find him talking about how he’s been helping his mom pay rent with money from his acting career since he was 17.

He dedicated a song off his new mixtape called “You & The 6” to his mother, where he talks about the issues they had and how she helped him cope with it all. He has other songs about her such as “Look What You’ve Done”. You’re a lucky lady Mama Graham!

Even though guys like to refer to him as “soft”, us ladies loveeee a classic Drake love song. He’s not afraid to put his feelings on a track and that’s a quality we all appreciate in him. It’s refreshing to see a guy’s sensitive side sometimes and Aubrey seems to have no problem expressing his. His hits “Find Your Love”, “Best I Ever Had” and “Come Thru” are just a few to be specific. I’m still waiting for you to come through, Drake!

Not to mention his million dollar smile…

And how could we not like a guy with moves like this?

We can almost always count on him for a catchy slogan with each new song that will sweep the nation. YOLO became the ultimate excuse for everything and “no new friends” had us keeping our circle tighter than a cheerio.

Because he’s such a lyrical genuis, Drake has earned over 22 grammy nominations. He’s won over 10 BET awards and numerous others. Needless to say, if he does die, he will certainly be a “legend” just as the song suggests.

While there are many other reasons why we love you Drizzy, we’ll stop here. We all definitely look forward to all that you will accomplish in your time and we will be impatiently waiting. Thank you for your contributions to the music industry; it wouldn’t be the same without you!

HCXO!

I'm Felicia Burnett! I am a sophomore at Valdosta State University. My major is Exercise Physiology but I have a deep passion for writing!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.