nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to be Productive During Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Spring break is quickly approaching and for some of us that doesn’t exactly equal fun. Don’t feel bad if you aren’t taking a trip with friends or family. You can use this time to be productive and make the most of the week. Whether you’ll be working or spending time inside by yourself, there are more ways than one that you can spend this time productively. 

1. Look for internships and jobs

This is the perfect time to get ahead and look for internships for the summer. Use this eneregy, or lack thereof to sit in bed and apply for internships for once school is over. You can also take time out to look for jobs for the summertime. Free websites to visit are Indeed, Idealist, Simply Hired, Careershift and USAJobs.gov.

2. Look for scholarships

Use your essay writing skills to apply for as many scholarships as possible. Applications can be tedious but a week worth of dedication is enough time to make your application stand out. Some websites to visit are Zinch.com, ScholarshipPoints.com, Fastweb.com, Cappex.com, Scholarships.com. The reward for putting in this extra time and effort could be the difference in receiving a thousand dollars versus just a few hundred.

3. Make time for yourself and friends

While everyone is out with their friends or family, use this time to enjoy yourself and meditate. While the weather is nice, take yourself on a bike ride through the park or a picnic. You can also still have a good time and meet up with friends from home. 

#HCXO!

Pre-Nursing major at Valdosta State University. Free spirited.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.