This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Alaron Lewis: 

Dr. Lewis is a professor at UWB since 2011 who teaches a variety of Cell and Molecular Biology courses. She received her B.S from Brandeis University and received her Ph.D. in cell biology from the Yale University in 2007 and studied post-translational modification in yeast. She was a Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Washington Seattle before coming to teach at UWB. (Profile)

• Location: UWBB-107H-1
  • Phone: 425-352-3723
  •  Email: alaron@uw.edu

Joey Shapiro Key:

Joey Shapiro Key is an assistant professor of physics at the University of Washington Bothell (UWB). Her teaching interests include Astronomy and Astrophysics. She’s working on data analysis for gravitational wave astronomy. She has a BA in astrophysics from Williams College and a PhD in physics from Montana State University. A lot of students claim that her classes are fun! (Profile)

Laurie Anderson:

Dr. Laurie Anderson is a senior lecturer whose teaching focus is in technical writing, Women in STEM, ethics of technology, and various courses special to the Applied Computing degree. She worked for two decades in the computer technology industry as a software developer, network manager, competitive analyst, product manager, and technical and marketing writer before she came to UWB. She is truly inspiring and knowledgeable! (Profile)

• Location: UW1-260C
  • Phone: 425-352-3201
  •  Email: lja3@uw.edu

Min Chen:

Min Chen, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor in Computing and Software Systems Division, School of STEM at University of Washington Bothell. Prior to coming to UW Bothell, she was a tenured associate professor at the Department of Computer Science, University of Montana. She received a lot of awards and grants including CSS Graduate Research Support, University of Washington Bothell, TCL Research America award, PI, Google Cloud Platform Credit award, PI, “Endangered Language Documentation and Analysis in the Cloud,” Microsoft Azure Research Award and many more! Her classes are amazing and I highly recommend her, especially if you have a hard time understanding CS concepts! (Profile)

Geetha Thamilarasu:

Geetha Thamilarasu is an assistant professor in Computing and Software Systems Division UWB. She received her M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo and my B.E degree from BITS Pilani, India. She has a lot of research opportunities available in the wireless, embedded and mobile security areas. She teaches higher level computer science and cyber security classes. (Profile

(All info from: https://www.uwb.edu/css/faculty)

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.