5 Summer-Perfect Beach/Pool Day Hairstyles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

If you’re itching for summer, here’s some hairstyles to get you even more pumped for that awesome sunshine and fun at the beach or pool! These hairstyles are super easy to do and take only a few minutes, so you can spend less time doing them and more time out enjoying the beautiful weather!

1. Half Twist with Headband

This hairstyle is great to rock with that headband and keep your hair out of your face! All you have to do is place your headband on top of your hair and begin to take a section of hair near the front towards your face and wrap it around the headband. If necessary, add bobby pins to keep it in place.

Note: Place the bobby pins bumpy side down. For extra difficult hair, spray the bobby pins before placing them bumpy side down. Give a light spray of your favorite hairspray to lock the hairstyle in place and you’re done and ready to hit the beach!

2. Twisty Bun

This hairstyle can either be casual or super fabulous, Start by creating two ponytails near the top of your head. You can make them lower if you prefer. Then begin to twist each ponytail. (Note: You may need a friend to hold one of the ponytails while you twist the other.) After twisting both, I suggest spraying both quickly with some hairspray and then pull the two ponytails and wrap them around each other. Honestly, no matter how messy you make this hairstyle, it’s going to look absolutely bomb. Secure with bobby pins and hairspray if necessary. This hairstyle keeps your hair off your neck and out of your eyes, so all you need to do is enjoy the sun and have fun!

3. Messy Bun with Headband

Everyone loves a good messy bun, so why not spice it up with your favorite headband? Whether you’re using a bandana or an adorable chunky headband, this hairdo is perfect for the beach! All you need to do is gather all of your hair into a ponytail and pull it up into a bun however you like – messy or structured. Then, pull your headband either on your head or around your bun and that’s literally it. I love this hairstyle because it looks so cute and it’s the easiest thing to do!

4. Summer Braid with Fishtail Braid Accent

I absolutely love this hairstyle for summer because it stays in place and looks adorable! To begin, grab a section of hair from the front and begin to fishtail braid until the end. To lock it in place, I suggest using a small elastic. Then, gather the rest of the hair near the neck and simply start to braid or fishtail as normal. Make sure to incorporate the fishtail you did in the beginning and pull out pieces around your face to help frame that beautiful face of yours!

5. Braided Bun

If you like your hair out of your eyes and off your neck at the beach, this hairstyle is for you! All you need to do is grab a section or two near the front and do a regular three strand braid. I suggest securing with an elastic. Make as many little braids as you’d like and then gather all of your hair whenever you like it and pull it into a ponytail and secure it, also including the little braids you made earlier. Then, begin to braid the ponytail and secure with another elastic. Wrap the braided ponytail up into a bun and again, secure it with a ponytail or bobby pins. To lock down this hairstyle, use your favorite hairspray and that’s it! Enjoy the beach!

With these hairstyles, you can get out there and conquer the beach or pool and not worry about how your hair looks or if it’s going to blow into your face. All of these hairstyles are super easy and quick to do, and look fabulous! Get out there and enjoy summer!

Hello! My name is Elizabeth Jacobson, but most people call me Liz for short. I am a sophomore this year at UW-Stout to get my Bachelors degree in Business Administration. I plan to have an emphasis in entrepreneurship so that after college I can pursue my dreams of owning my own store. I have a passion for writing. I love new ideas, meeting new people, and exploring different things in life. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout