My Life is GrUV: Have the Best Staycation Over Spring Break!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Have the Best Staycation Ever this Spring Break

Not going anywhere for spring break? No worries! We’ve got you covered. I don’t know about you, but when I hear the words spring break, all I think is goodbye money. But with these ideas, you don’t have to spend a lot. Unless you feel like throwing down for a day of pampering yourself at the spa (which I for one fully support… who doesn’t need a massage right in the middle of spring semester?!), have fun this spring break without breaking the bank!

Be a tourist.

Don’t forget, every town is someone’s hometown. And almost everywhere has something to offer! So whether you’re at home or around campus, grab some friends and snap some pics at all the tourist-y spots. Ben & Jerry’s Factory anyone?

Girl’s night in!

Sticking with the ice cream theme… buy a few pints and some popcorn, stick in a corny 80s movie and you’re all set for a night in with your girlfriends!

Day trip to the outlets…

Now, this one may not be too great for your wallet if you’re trying to save… But it’s a lot cheaper than a trip to Mexico! And you could score some amazing deals. Find where the closest shoppin outlets to you are and make a day of it with your bestie!

Or to the thrift shop!Only got $20 in your pocket? Hit up your local thrift shop for some deals not even the outlets can offer!

Bake away the day.

Cookies, cakes, cupcakes, oh my! Baking is one of my favorite pastimes. And you don’t have to be in a bikini, so indulge a bit!

Visit the spa!

I’m a firm believer that if you work hard, you deserve a day off! Spend your hard-earned cash from those three jobs and have a nice, relaxing, spa day.

Or have a spa day at home!

The best alternative to the spa? A day at home sans-technology sound scary? Not when you take a bubble bath, make a face mask, and mani/pedi it up! Refreshments are encouraged.

Have a fun spring break!

Hey! I'm a senior at UVM studying public communications and applied design. I'll be graduating in May 2015, and I'm hoping to get out of this cold weather and into some sunshine. Preferably with a job that allows me to write. There are very few things I love more than writing, shopping, and trying my best to create my own version of Blair Waldorf. I read blogs like it's my job, and I even have my own! Check it out at http://shesgotclassandsass.blogspot.com/ and I'll probably love you forever!