This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

It’s 45 degrees in Burlington, and that can only mean one thing—spring has sprung! The warmer temps and sun shining means it’s finally time to put away those puffy North Face Coats and Sorel boots. Your spring wardrobe might be a bit lacking after the long and dreary winter, and it’s time to brighten it up with a few cute pieces in some of spring’s cheeriest colors: mint and lilac! Of course, these happen to be some of my favorite colors and these pieces can easily be winterized with some leggings, boots, or tights for cooler temps.

This super cute lilac jacket is perfect to wear outside in the spring weather, it’s light enough that you won’t be broiling but provides enough warmth to combat that pesky breeze. Pairs perfectly with a black v neck and cuffed jeans (Gap, $59.99).

Cardigan’s are a girl’s best friend in the spring. They’re great to throw on if you feel a bit cold and can instantly pull together any outfit. This one from Urban Outfitters ($39.95)is available in a bunch of colors, but the mint one matches almost anything.

Sam Edelman shoes are known for their comfort, so these super cute mint flats are not just stylish but also a less painful alternative to heels if you feel like sprucing up an outfit. They’re $69 on Zappos.

If flats aren’t your thing but you still want a fresh new pair of spring shoes, then look no further! Keds has released a bunch of new spring colors in their classic champion style, and these lilac ones are a new favorite of mine (Champion Spring $40).

My favorite part about spring is finally being able to wear dresses, and I love this fit and flare eyelet lace dress from Forever 21, perfect to wear downtown with your girls or on a date with that special someone ($27.80).