Style > Beauty

The Beauty Closet: How to Dress for a Concert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

There’s nothing quite like listening to your favorite band live while standing in a mosh pit of sweaty, screaming fans. What if you get the chance to meet the band after the show for an autograph? With all the perspiration and jumping around, how is it even possible to not look like a mess?  Here are some tips for looking hot and staying comfortable during the last two concerts of the semester.

Bassnectar

What: Dubstep

When: Wednesday, April 24th

Where: Memorial Auditorium

Dubstep concerts can be tricky. Bassnectar is inside, which means minimal air circulation and maximum makeup melting. So here are my suggestions:

• Wear eyeliner only on your top lid and use waterproof mascara
  • Have fun with your makeup, go for bright colors
  • Keep your hair in a top-knot, or if you’re leaving it down give it some waves so it doesn’t look crazy with the humidity. But most importantly- bring a hairtie!
  • Leave the heavy jewelry at home
  • Close-toed shoes are a must- they’re comfortable, won’t make your feet dirty, and will protect your toes from getting stomped on!
  • Wear crop tops, cut-out tops, shorts, anything you’d wear in the middle of summer to keep you cool

Springfest

What: Psychedelic rock

When: Saturday, April 27th

Where:  Central Campus/Patrick Gym (rainsite)

Hopefully this Saturday in particular will be gorgeous and sunny so we can express our inner hippie by frolicking in the grass. Embrace the name, and go all-out for spring. Here are my suggestions:

• Wear high-waisted, cut-off shorts and flowy tops
  • Flaunt the maxi dresses, headbands, and head scarves
  • It’s easier for the crowd to spread out when the concert is outside, so feel free to wear those cute gladiator sandals that have been sitting in your closet since last summer.
  • Go for a more natural, sun-kissed makeup look. Brush your cheekbones with bronzer and use neutral, earthy eye shadow tones.
  • Have fun with some hair chalk!

When planning what you’re going to wear, it’s always important to consider what type of concert, as well as where the concert is taking place. One resource I find particularly helpful is Pinterest. Just by using the search bar, you will find an abundance of outfit inspiration.