david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Creative Ways to Use A Pumpkin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

1. Carve it!

Carving pumpkins has been a Halloween tradition for centuries! Put a new twist on the classic Jack-O-Lantern by incorporating pumpkins of all shapes and sizes into your design!

2. Spray Paint it!

If you’re looking for an easier alternative to carving, painting your pumpkins is definitely the way to go! Spraying painting your pumpkin a bright color will definitely make it pop in the sea of orange on Halloween. Try stacking colors like white, yellow, and orange to make your pumpkin look like candy corn!

3. Stack it!

With winter just around the corner, everyone’s got snow on the brain. Curb your snowflake daydreams with a pumpkin man instead of a snow man! Stack your pumpkins, draw a face, and add some stick arms and a hat to make your pumpkins come to life!

4. Dress it up!

Make your pumpkin into different creatures by adding decorations and craft supplies. For this creepy spider, all your need to do is paint your pumpkin black and add some googly eyes and pipe cleaners for the legs.

5. Wrap it!

Wrap your pumpkin in black lace to create a very chic, yet simple pumpkin decoration that’ll last well into the fall season.

6. Coat it!

Coat your pumpkin with adhesive spray and dip it in glitter to create a sparkle effect! These pumpkins are sure to get some attention!

7. Use it for a party!

Make your pumpkin more than just a decoration by transforming it into a cooler. Just hollow the pumpkin out, add ice, and drinks for a festive twist on tableware!

8. Add flowers!

Put your flowers on display in a unique way by hollowing out your pumpkin and using it as a vase!

9. Put a tea light inside!

Another great use for your smaller-sized pumpkins is as a votive candle holder. Hollow them out and pop a candle in to jazz up ordinary tea lights!

10. Add some teeth!

To make some little vampire pumpkins, cut into the pumpkin where you want the mouth to be and add some plastic fangs!