Style > Beauty

Fall Beauty Products From Walgreens Could Get You to NOLA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tennessee chapter.

With classes starting right around the corner (two weeks!) it’s time to look at some new, fun stuff for the fall semester. Luckily, Walgreens is the one-stop shop for both things – their SWAG campaign makes buying great new beauty products exciting. Right now, getting three qualifying products automatically gives you a free two-month subscription to Pandora One (no ads), and a chance to win an all-expenses paid trip to NOLA for Voodoo Fest. Worth it? Definitely, especially since the products work and look great.

My favorite? Maybelline’s Dream Fresh BB Cream. I got it in Light/Medium since I’m naturally not too tan but darken in the summer. I’ve used this little tube every day since I got it – it’s the new base of my beauty regimen. Maybelline’s BB Cream is 8-in-1, by brightening, smoothing, hydrating, and most importantly, protecting your skin with SPF 30. It was especially helpful when I spent the day hiking recently; I didn’t want to put on any makeup, but a layer of this in the morning and my skin looked great all day and wasn’t burned at the end of it. To find this gem, look in the Maybelline section of the makeup department (not the facial moisturizer area you might expect).

Next up is Essie nail polish in Angora Cardi and Sand Tropez (pictured). They’re beautiful on their own – Angora Cardi is perfect for fall toenails – but even better combined. These two lend themselves perfectly to the right-now nail trend of painting one nail a contrasting color. Both are DBP, Toluene, and Formaldehyde-free, so you know your hands are being taken care of. Start by applying one base coat best suited for your nails (Essie has lots of options), then follow with two coats of your favorite shade. Finally top it off with a high-performance top coat, an easy find in any Walgreens, adjacent to the makeup.

Finally, Maybelline’s Volum’ Express: The Mega Plush mascara is perfect for making lashes look naturally full and dark. I’ve used Maybelline’s Volum’ Express line since I began wearing makeup back in middle school, and this new incarnation is just what the line needs. With the first gel-mousse formula, my lashes are never clumpy, brittle, or flaky, and the patented Flexor brush ensures you’re getting the most volume possible with each application. Look for the bright blue tube, and I suggest going with Waterproof Very Black for the lasting, dramatic effect.

The best part is, you can get all of these products and tons more at the Walgreens right on the strip. These products are less expensive, more convenient, and work just as well as many specialty brands that you can only get miles off-campus; I know I dread driving out to West Town just to replenish my concealer. Give these a shot, enter into the SWAG contest, and let me know what you think, or other products to try!

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Walgreens via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Walgreens.

Jessica is Campus Correspondent and Editor for Her Campus UTK, which is entering its second year as an active part of Her Campus. She is a rising senior pursuing a double major in Political Science and Journalism with a concentration in Magazine Editing, and hopes to secure a career in the magazine industry after graduation. Jessica is an active member of Alpha Omicron Pi at the University of Tennessee, has an internship in Los Angeles this summer with Playboy Magazine, and enjoys reading and watching movies in her spare time.